POSITION: Installation Project Engineer
OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Installation Engineer will support the Installation Project Engineer Lead in the overall installation work package.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
? Ensuring that engineering meets all implicit, explicit and mandatory requirements (the latter including environment, health and safety requirements of a technical and operational nature) of the Customer;
? Preparing a detailed plan of the installation route (including cable routes, cable layout, route and cable lengths, all instances in which the cables cross or run parallel with services, joint positions, etc.);
? Preparing installation technical documentation (e.g. installation manual);
? Planning installation activities;
? Drafting detailed technical specifications to be submitted to sub-contractors; Taking part in Customer meetings upon request by the Project Manager;
? Preparing final As Built documentation;
? Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with documented plans and procedures and ensure revisions are discussed and documented with PM;
? Ensure each operation of a particular project has been carefully pre planned and that procedures are documented and understood by the site personnel in advance of commencing operations;
? Ensure operations comply with applicable laws, regulations, standards, environmental policy & ensure that all practical measures are taken to protect the environment & prevent pollution.
The duties contained in this job description are not exhaustive and the job holder may be asked by management to undertake reasonable duties associated with this function
* Honours degree in technical engineer (Civil Engineering preferred)
* Knowledge of cable business
* 2/3 years of experience in similar role
* Fluent in English and German, written and spoken
* Knowledge of the land cable installation business/market
* Knowledge of installation engineering tasks typical of land HV systems
* Experience in installation activities planning
* Good relationship approach
* Team working capability
* Problem solving and target oriented
* Pragmatism. Capability to set and to handle pragmatically the priorities.
* Capacity to understand and conceptualizes complexity into concise frameworks
* Flexibility and capability to manage changes during the work
* Wish to quickly learn and get involved.
* Knowledge and familiarity with of all basic and common software like Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, AutoCAD, and in the use of the Web
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.