Our client is looking for an "IT Application & Project Manager" to support various projects & applications related to business department 'Asset Management'.
The main tasks of an IT Application & Project Manager:
- managing IT projects, including launching and following up on projects, planning their implementation, monitoring their scope, budget and schedule, managing issues and risks, drafting progress reports, producing documentation, …
- working with the business to set priorities within your project portfolio;
- cooperating on and synchronizing IT projects upstream or downstream of your projects with a view to dealing with scheduling constraints and unlocking synergies between projects;
- challenging the requirements provided by the business (scope table) prior to their approval;
- validating and verifying business requirements provide by the business and - for software developed within the client
- writing functional & technical design based on Microsoft technologies (.NET) in case of home-made development.
- working with the Purchasing Department to complete the project phases required when purchasing software: carrying out market studies, identifying existing solutions, managing calls for tenders (RFIs/RFPs), determining acceptance criteria, evaluating bids, analyzing the integration architecture and integrating the software into the existing application landscape using APIs or integration bus solutions
- managing a team of internal and/or external developers together with the .NET technical manager;
- validating a strategy on tests and quality management and monitoring these during rollout;
- managing software releases;
- supporting end users (second line);
- organizing and prioritizing the maintenance of the developed solutions.
- You hold a university degree with a focus on IT, preferably specializing in assets, or have equivalent experience in the field.
- You have several years' relevant experience as a project manager tasked with selecting IT products through calls for tender (RFIs/RFPs) and monitoring the implementation and integration of these products.
- You also have relevant experience as a manager of IT projects based on Microsoft architecture (e.g. .NET, Visual Studio, SQL Server) or as a business analyst.
- You have proven experience in writing functional design to provide specifications to development team.
- You can communicate easily with developers/architects on technical matters.
- You have an analytical mind and good organizational skills.
- You are customer-driven and a good communicator and you work well in a team.
- You keep abreast of the latest IT developments.
- Knowledge on Agile methodology and LEAN management is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in the electricity and/or energy sector would be an asset.
- Familiarity with asset management solutions (market products) supporting asset management or Field Services Operations processes would also be a major advantage.
- You can integrate market products into the clients existing application architecture (via web services, a communication bus, a common data model, and so on).
- You are fluent in either Dutch or French, with a sound grasp of the other language and very good English.
- German knowledge is a plus.
- The work will mainly be performed in the clients offices (Avenue de Vilvoorde 126 - 1000 Bruxelles).
- You are ready to work in an international context (possible meetings in Germany) for some group projects.
- There is a possibility of teleworking.
- Mission until end of February 2021, extendable in function of the needs