Job Title: Junior Legal Advisor
Job Sector: Recruitment
Location: Bromley, Kent
Position Type/Hours: Full time, 08:45 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
Salary: Dependant on experience
Additional Benefits: Annual trip abroad with the company and company pension contribution
Are you a law graduate or have experience working in a busy legal team? Are you an ambitious hard-working individual looking for a career move? Then this role is perfect for you!
The Junior Legal Advisor position is a great prospect for someone who wants to develop their legal and compliance skills.
The ideal candidate will be joining the existing Legal & Compliance team and therefore will have all the support they need. The role will involve reviewing and drafting various legal documents and answering contractual queries.
- Manage the Legal team's central inbox, liaise with the team to allocate tasks and operate as a first point of contact for the business, advising the business on legal, contractual and immigration queries.
- Assisting with the management and resolution of national and international legal disputes, including contractual disputes, employment matters, debt recovery procedures and preparation of court documentation.
- Reviewing and amending various third-party agreements such as non-disclosure/non-competition agreements and supplier agreements.
- Acting as a first escalation point, with the assistance of senior members of the team, for legal and contractual queries arising from the Contracts & Compliance team.
- Supporting and advising the HR team on employment law queries such as parental leave, immigration status of employees or covid regulations.
- Assisting the Head of Legal with new ERSG entity set-ups internationally, which includes obtaining initial legal advice, advising the business on the risks and costs, liaising with local lawyers, payroll providers, insurance providers and helping to ensure that the new ERSG entity complies with all applicable local laws.
- Performing general legal admin tasks requested by senior members of the team
Skills and experience:
- Law degree or relevant legal experience
- 1 to 3 years commercial/contracts law experience
- Recruitment sector experience or experience in a sales business highly desirable
- Process driven
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure or to tight deadlines
- Additional language(s) a bonus, mainly German or Dutch
Set up in 2008 ersg was one of the first recruiters in providing a workforce solution in energy. Recognised now as a market leader in this field we cover all staffing from design and development to construction, operations & maintenance. ersg works with major international companies through to smaller independent businesses to enable their projects to be facilitated effectively throughout the entire project life cycle.
Headquartered in London we have grown from 5 staff in 2008 to over 120 to date; with offices in Hamburg, Amsterdam, Seattle, Orlando, Boston, Taipei and Tokyo, and entities in Ireland, Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff or applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.