Mechanical Digital Engineering (BIM) Coordinator
- Accountable for the completion of all designated work to programme and budget.
- Collaborating as part of the Engineering / Project and BIM/Digital Engineering teams to provide the best solution for the client.
- To provide accurate Engineering design documentation in accordance with Standards and Procedures to an excellent standard.
- You will have a good awareness of HSEQ, including duties under CDM and best professional practice
- You will have excellent collaboration skills and the ability to build solid working relationships internally and with key stakeholders
- You will be committed to your own Professional and Personal Development, Competency and have an active interest in the Mentoring and Training of more junior members of the design team
- Adhere to the BIM/Digital Engineering strategy, workflows, processes, standards, etc. as described by the Digital Engineering (BIM) Manager.
- Ensure that more junior members of the team also adhere to the above
- BIM Coordination, including clash detection and 4D as minimum
- Attend BIM Reviews and coordination meetings as and when needed
Specific experience, skills & knowledge
- Autocad - both 2D and 3D modelling. Creation of General arrangement drawings/ equipment setting out drawings and modelling of vendor items.
- Autocad Plant 3D - use of running pipework within the software/ modelling from specs created in the office and also Isometrics
- Revit - MEP Pipework/ equipment modelling using Revit families we have created in the office, and the understanding of setting up GA's in Revit.
- Pointcloud viewer softwares.
- Knowledge, interpretation and application of relevant client, industry and BIM/Digital Engineering standards, such as ISO19650
- Assist the Digital Engineering (BIM) Manager as and when necessary (for example, during annual leave) with team management
- Proven ability to build positive relationships across diverse teams and client groups
- Robust written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- A passion for design and innovation
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
- Able to work collaboratively to form strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate.
- Demonstrate integrity.
- Experience of Common Data Environments (CDE) and Collaborative Working Platforms including working and delivering under BIM environments, processes and workflows.
- Excellent working knowledge of collaboration and federation platforms, especially NavisWorks
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.