Mechanical Systems Engineer / Piping Materials Engineer
The Mechanical Systems team, which is part of their Global Engineering organization, is looking for a Mechanical / Piping Materials Engineer to lead capital project execution for both the Air Separation and Process Gas Product Lines. This will be for our client's owned plants and those that are engineered and constructed for others. The candidate will provide technical expertise and specify piping, manual valves, inline items as well as complete painting and insulation specifications, and pressure test procedures.
- Piping Materials lead for major projects.
- Control of project budgets (manhours and materials), schedule, quality of deliverables and reporting out on project status.
- Proposal and project planning support. Preparing functional execution strategies and manhour estimates aligned to project scope, schedule and overall execution strategy.
- Develop piping specifications based on specific service and project requirements.
- Specify appropriate pipe specifications on the Process & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID).
- Specify and create requisition packages for manual valves and inline items.
- Size lines for cooling and utility water systems.
- Develop paint and insulation requirements for products and projects.
- Review oxygen piping systems and determine material capability.
- Develop pressure test guidelines and procedures for project construction.
- Review vendor offerings for valves and inline items to determine technical acceptance.
- Actively collaborate with internal teams and external third-parties to meet project commitments, costs, and schedules.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent and a Chartered Engineer
- 8 to 10 years' experience as a Mechanical Systems / Piping Materials Engineer
- Proven ability as lead specialist engineer on projects.
- Experience coordinating workload and resources including interfacing with other multi-centre design offices.
- Working knowledge of ASME B31.3 design code and supporting ASME component and ASTM material standards.
- Knowledge of the Pressure Equipment Directive/CE Marking for European projects and related experience in working with Notified Bodies.
- Knowledge of other Piping Code and Country specific requirements would be beneficial.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience or awareness of Hexagon SmartPlant software tools is a plus.
- - Relevant design experience of ammonia, sulphur, CO, CO2, hydrocarbons, hydrogen plant would be an advantage.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.