The Electrical Team is responsible for the engineering, construction and installation of the transmission infrastructure for the project
As the project transitions into the substation commissioning stage 1 phase, there is a requirement for a highly experienced engineer to join the site team as an Onshore Substation Lead Commissioning Engineer.
The Client Site Representative will support both the Package Manager and the Overall Project Commissioning Manager and represent the Client at site to ensure their objectives are being met at site level.
- The works are being carried out in accordance with the agreements we have in place with both our Contractors and other Stakeholders involved in the project.
- The equipment being supplied is in accordance with the Employer's Requirements and is suitably installed and tested.
During the Onshore Substation Commissioning phase the Onshore Substation Lead Commissioning Engineer will report to the Overall Project Commissioning Manager and provide support as follows:
- Responsible for overseeing the contractor's commissioning stage 1 & 2 activities.
- With the Project Commissioning Manager devise a commissioning strategy for the onshore substation, identifying deliverables and required supporting documentation.
- Providing weekly commissioning progress reports, identifying any variance to agreed plans.
- Review and comment on; technical drawings, electrical schemes, the contractor's commissioning Inspection and Test Plans, quality plans and commissioning programmes in readiness for the contractor's commissioning activities.
- With the contractor's onshore commissioning lead engineer, review, comment and agree a suitable commission Inspection and Test Plans:
- Agree suitable testing strategies and expected outcomes to ensure an acceptable level of confidence prior to energisation.
- Identify suitable witness/hold points.
- Witness the contractor's commissioning activities.
- Review and sign on behalf of Moray East; the contractor's commissioning test results, test sheets and marked up commissioning drawings.
- Ensure the contractor's quality plans and commissioning files are correctly populated and signed off in advance of energisation.
- Ensure the completed contractor's commissioning plans/drawings are correctly verified and issued on completion of the project.
- Contribute to the creation of commissioning switching programmes.
- Contribute to operational decisions to manage commissioning priorities.
- Post energisation, work closely with the Lead SAP and Project Commissioning Manager to ensure that alarms/indication/monitoring are responded to effectively.
- Act as focal point for the contractor's onshore commissioning team and O&M team to ensure plant familiarisation and training SAPs is carried out effectively.
- Interface commissioning tasks with SHETL Grid Commissioning teams
- Assist the Project Commissioning Manager in the creation of a team culture within both the the client and contractor's commissioning teams, during the commissioning of the onshore substations.
- Attend and contribute to Commissioning Panel meetings
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS:
- HNC/HND Electrical Engineering
- Current or previously National Grid Lead Commissioning Engineer status for multiple projects
- Strong knowledge of UK Health and Safety Management legislation/regulations relating to electrical substations
- Strong knowledge of CDM Regulations with demonstrable experience of the roles of both Client and Principal Contractor
- Strong knowledge of HV substation electrical equipment & protection systems.
- Proficient - Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Minimum 15 years as an Electrical Commissioning Engineer with 5 years as a Senior/Lead Commissioning Engineer on 400kV Transmission projects
- Hands on Commissioning experience with; Protection Relays, Reactive Compensation, HIS, GIS, AIS, Transformers, Reactors, Harmonic Filters, LVAC and Cables
- Compliance with NGET/SHETL construction and commissioning technical standards and codes of practice.
- Previous experience in the specification and design of electrical substation equipment
- Windfarm experience is highly desirable
- Full driving licence.
- Ability to travel for extended periods and at short notice.
- Ability to work weekends (when required).
- CSCS or Safety Passport authorisation