Reading based (3 - 4 times a week)
The main purpose of the PMO Analyst role is to track the progress of all projects coming into the Programme Management Office by monitoring and reporting progress, coordinating delivery dates and maintaining financial controls and systems, including budgeting for all project expenditure.
- Carry out day-to-day activities for project-level or programme-level core functions including collation of RAID, resource and planning data, MI, progress reports and completed project report / financial templates and required information.
- Provide secretariat services including meeting logistics, preparation of minutes, and following up on actions.
- Adhere to all reporting standards and instigate improvements where identified.
- Provide support and guidance to project managers in tracking their budgets. Monitor compliance with reporting / financial standards and intervene when this deviates or slips.
- Manage production and consolidation of reports, using appropriate templates and meeting all relevant deadlines.
- Maintain existing departmental and PMO policies and procedures.
- Update and improve project methodologies, work instructions, policies, standards and procedures.
- Support all Project and Programme Managers with day to day running of project governance processes and support the PMO Coordinator and PMO Lead when required.
- Support all Project and Programme Managers with the identification and documentation of project benefits.
- Liaise with suppliers in respect of commercial engagement and/or billing enquiries.
- Maintain documentation sign off records.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Functional and Technical Skills and Communication and Personal Attributes
- Background in PMO functions, using collaborative skills in coaching others to complete required reports and managing reporting cycle on large projects.
- Experience of working with third party suppliers.
Functional and Technical Skills
- Strong knowledge in project and programme governance.
- Good understanding of end-to-end lifecycle delivery.
- Project management methodology (eg Prince2, PMP or equivalent).
- Project Cost Accounting fundamentals.
- A solid understanding of IT products, services & systems.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio.
Communication and Personal Attributes
- Ability to deliver under pressure whilst building relationships.
- Customer focused approach.
- Highly articulate with effective written and interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Strong Influencing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging environment and develop new skills.
Problem Solving, Analysis and Reasoning
- Excellent analytical skills.
Accountability and Financial Dimensions
No direct responsibility for budget or other financial dimensions.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.