Project Manager - Onshore & Offshore Wind
ERSG are recruiting for a Project Manager in Portland, OR who will be responsible for the success of a wind turbine project. The person will be involved with multiple aspects of the project, starting from involvement in the sales phase and until handover to O&M. They will also be responsible for leading a team of multiple support functions and will be reporting to the Director of Project Management.
Key responsibility & Tasks
- Initiates, plans, executes controls and closes all activities associated with project execution.
- Serves as first point of contact to customer.
- Ensures a safe project with no incidents.
- Responsible for budgeting and progress regarding overall project.
- Identifies and mitigates project risks.
- Will be in charge/lead the project team.
- Manage and controlling subcontractors and vendors.
- Will interface with customers, project managers, HSE deportment and other internal stakeholders.
Success Criteria & Focus Areas
- Understanding, monitoring and meeting the needs of the customers.
- The ability to adjust planned work and structured project management.
- The ability to perform project on time and budget.
- Relevant engineering degree.
- 5 years' experience as a project manager within wind energy or 10 years of general project management.
- Strong knowledge within the power generation industry including language and terminology.
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to set and manage large budgets.
- Strong PC computer skills (MS Office) required. Knowledge of SAP and Primavera Project Management preferred.
- Travelling to different project sites will be required. Initial introduction and training to be held on the north west coast of the US.
- US citizenship, permanent residency (green card) or other valid work visa are required. A VISA will not be sponsored for this position.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, climb stairs, hearing ability to use close range radios, visual acuity including depth perception, field of vision and the ability to distinguish between colors, ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as needed, as well as hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Ability to climb ladders to heights of 60 to 100 meters