JOB TITLE: Quantity Surveyor - Construction Planner
POSITION: Site based contract
LOCATION / DEPARTMENT: Gasunie Site (Groningen, Netherlands) / EMEA Global Project Execution
This role is to join and establish site-based team in the construction, commissioning and handover of an Air Separation Unit facility in Groningen, Netherlands.
The position covers post order quantity surveying activates to include calculation of actual 'v' planned site progress. Tracking and monitoring of work completed against baseline BOQ data as well as tracking and assessing cost and schedule impact of any variations or site instruction related to the agreed scope of work.
Working closely with the site Project Controls Manager and team, provide information for weekly and monthly progress reports and cost forecasts.
Working together with the site Construction Manager and Project Director to ensure sub-contract execution in-line with contractual requirements and agreed schedule baseline.
As a Quantity Surveyor - Construction Planner, you will:
Have a working understanding of project scheduling techniques, schedule basis creation, WBS and CBS structuring methodology and key work process for logic creation. Work with the Project Director, Project Controls Managers, Construction Manager and supervisors to proactively develop project and progress reports.
Main responsibilities and activities include:
Cost control, planning, forecasting and estimation covering the following activities:
- Site progress reporting on work complete to BOQ / planned work in period.
- Prepares monthly progress payments.
- Valuations for Site Instruction - including value engineering recommendations and suggestions.
- Updating and maintenance of L3 / L4 schedule with assistance from site planner.
- Cost and schedule risk analysis evaluations with respect to baseline and planned work.
- Work area identification and optimisation.
- Provides advice on contractual claims, dispute resolution.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Team worker with good interpersonal skills
- Organised and methodological with a keen eye for detail
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6 is desirable
- IT skills e.g. proficient with Microsoft
- Maths skills / numerically minded
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Industry knowledge and understanding of process industry construction
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
General Experience: Sound knowledge, proven skills and competencies in application of project planning principles, methodologies and tools, supporting all phases of project execution, particularly in the construction phase, progress measurement/reporting and earned value, within a large project-oriented EPC or Owner Organization.
Must have a track record of delivering accurate schedule information, reporting and guidance to senior management. Experience within an Oil & Gas, Chemical processing or related business and equivalent projects a further benefit. Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project experience is essential.
Hands on, detail-oriented approach in managing supplier and subcontractor packages on a measurable based unit rate contract, direct orders and site prelims. Able to understand take-off information and BOQ data for reliable and accurate progress measurement and variance tracking.
As a Quantity Surveyor - Construction Planner, you will have:
- Education - Bachelor's degree in Numerate field is preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of work experience on major capital engineering projects, preferably following an EPC model.
- Experienced user of Primavera P6.
- Demonstrated technical competency in the field Quantity Surveyor and project Planning
- Ability to work within an established team to achieve targets and goals.
- Excellent oral and written English proficiency is a must.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, One Note)
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.