As a Senior Accounting and Tax Manager, you will be part of the CFAO (Chief Financial and Administration Officer) department of the Offshore Wind Project and be responsible for delivering all Accounting and Tax (A&C)-related functions to the CFAO team to perform the corporate functions in the organization smoothly.
In this capacity, the Senior Accounting and Tax Manager shall take on a broad package of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- General supervision of the A&C-related function
- To participate in the ongoing development/establishment of A&C-related policies and procedures and operational strategies, including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- To oversee and participate in the daily work and supervise the A&C manager in the project to ensure the monthly/quarterly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation.
- To oversee and participate in the daily work to ensure that project's tax dealings follow Taiwanese tax laws.
- To facilitate and manage the A&C manager to ensure the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms required under the Taiwanese tax system.
- To monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to CFAO and the A&C manager, and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- To provide support with various internal audits and special tax-related projects.
- Manage and mentor the A&C manager and the members of CFAO team to greater levels of effectiveness and engagement.
- A&C-related audit / Internal control
- To train and educate employees to ensure compliance with internal control policies.
- To ensure successful A&C-related audit results with the close collaboration of internal and external auditors.
- To working collaboratively with Sponsor's relevant representatives of A&C to ensure all Sponsor's A&C compliance needs are met.
- To make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent incompliance.
- Financial Accounting / Budget control
- To support CFAO and PMO in the annual organizational budgeting process.
- To lead the development of CFAO department annual budget and provide support to the other budget managers as needed.
- To interact at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient, and accurate month-end results and all internal management and financial reporting through the project's monthly report.
- Special Purpose Companies (SPCs) set up
- To assist CFAO in completing SPC incorporation-related essential tasks as needed.
- BS/BA in business administration, accounting, tax or similar field minimum.
- CPA preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin, written and spoken.
- Top tier understanding of accounting, tax and financial aspects of infrastructure projects, financial management, joint ventures and experience with complex transactions and ownership structures.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability and interest to deep-dive into complex financial challenges.
- Excellent coordination and cooperation skills; a team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge.
- Culturally aware with a high level of emotional intelligence to work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Driven by an adventurous spirit and the opportunity to be at the forefront of an emerging market.
- Strong understanding of corporate governance and local compliances relating to the job scope.
- Familiarity with the financial regulatory environment in Taiwan a plus.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.