Senior Design And Proposal Engineer
Duration: 24 months
Project: Luxury Yacht Design 50-80m Explorers
Shift pattern: Mon-Fri 37.5 hours per week (flexible options)
As Design and Proposal Engineer you are responsible for integrated yacht design of semi-custom- and custom-built yachts, based in clients head office. You are able to support the sales team with the necessary sales documentation and technical advice. The D&P Engineer supports detailed engineering and production with knowledge and design standards, and you contribute to Research and Innovation of new developments.
* Reporting to the D&P-management, the senior position will head a small team of design and proposal engineers, naval architects and mechanical engineers.
* Functionally you will report to the Product Manager, organizationally you will report to the Team Leader Design and Proposal.
* Reporting to the Senior D&P Engineer, the medior position will participate in a small team of design & proposal engineers, naval architects and mechanical engineers.
* Will work closely together with the commercial team, engineering departments, production locations, R&D departments and external stakeholders in a project.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Design & proposal Engineer you are responsible for the integrated design of semi-custom and custom built yachts. The integrated design is reflected in a Product Definition Package (PDP), where all disciplines (Naval Architecture, Shipbuilding, Mechanical, Electrical, Interior) of a yacht design are incorporated.
The tasks and responsibilities as a D&P Engineer will/can be, but are not limited to:
* Establish the General Arrangements and the technical specifications.
* Hand over the PDP to our Engineering Department and supports and consolidates the PDP in the engineering- and fabrication process.
* Set standards for naval architecture/mechanical engineering and keeps these standards up to date.
* Safeguard rules and Regulations of Class and Flag state.
* Keep up to date with technical development and innovations within the industry.
* Provide assistance to other departments such as Engineering, Sales, Production and After Sales.
* Set standards for cost calculations and quotations and keep these standards up to date.
* Develop presentations and commercial documents, provide for commercial information such as General Arrangements, specifications, budget information and delivery schedules.
* Provide required assistance to the sales team if and when required, to ensure a smooth follow up of sales leads up to and including establishing a contract.
* Adhere to, and advise in the Design & Proposal project planning.
* Manage the Design proposal (sub projects and tasks allocated, within given time and budget.