SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGNER
Responsible for providing Electrical design and draughting services to one or more projects. Committed to execute projects on schedule and budget (hours/capital) to ensure project profitability is maintained. He/she will also be able to work flexibly with the other regional offices (predominantly India) whilst coordinating with the wider team to facilitate efficient and effective project execution.
This position is accountable for the following end results:
1. Execute Electrical design and draughting activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
2. Prepare Electrical drawings and design deliverables to the required technical quality with minimum input from
3. Preparation of detailed design drawings and documents to the requirements of the Principal Designer.
4. Aid in the production of discipline deliverables for transfer of a project's technical information from design to construction and operation.
5. Assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
6. Carry out site visits when necessary.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. +5 years design experience in the energy or other process plants
2. +3 years 3d modelling experience (SP3D or PDMS preferred)
3. 2D Cad experience (Microstation J or AutoCAD)
4. Lighting calculations. (Chalmlite or DIALux Preferred)
5. Exposure to Electrical or instrument design databases.
6. Has or is working towards and electrical qualification (HNC/ HND)
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.