- The SCADA Senior Engineer be appointed as the SI Package Manager, a key package within one of Iberdrola's offshore projects worldwide, providing key engineering advice, assessment and recommendations to ensure delivery of a multi-contract package within time, to budget and quality following industry best practice and observing the maximum respect for Health, Safety and the Environment to ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Provide professional advice on engineering strategies / risk levels and commercial agreements to the key package, to ensure that cost effective technical solutions are identified, fully evaluated and the risk profile is fully understood by the project.
- Ensure that all assessment, advice and recommendations are fully documented in accordance with all internal procedures and industry best practice, and that sufficient technical and commercial due diligence (whether internal or external) exists to support those business decisions.
- Provide leadership to the SI Package members, potentially comprising employees working within a number of countries throughout Europe and the USA, to ensure competencies are maintained (or enhanced).
- Deliver consistent, high quality, cost effective engineering advice to the key packages and projects.
- Resource the appropriate organisation structure to ensure delivery of the key work packages to programme and budget.
- Manage the certification process of the control systems with independent verification bodies (where applicable) to reduce design risk and enhance asset value.
- Ensure that health and safety and environmental requirements are fully considered and adhered to in design to ensure compliance with legislation and industry best practice.
- Manage the inspection and commissioning of appropriate aspects of offshore plant to ensure that assets are supplied and installed to the required quality and engineering standards.
- Maintain full awareness of the latest technical and commercial developments and identify suitable new (civil/structural/electrical/SCADA/wind turbine) technology that has the potential to reduce cost and risk or improve safety.
- Implement offshore standards, procedures, tools, best practices and quality requirements for key work packages to ensure that packages are delivered according to specification, budget and programme without compromising safety.
- Ensure that appropriate lessons learnt regarding offshore wind farm development and construction are captured and shared across the different Offshore Project work packages. Collaborate with the Lead/Principal Engineer to ensure that the engineering team implements them to enhance business value.
* Fluent in English.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Educated to Degree level in Electronic and Electrical Engineering or related course.
* Chartered Engineer or equivalent professional status.
* Significant proven experience of the integration of large scale SCADA, PLC or DCS projects
* Working knowledge of the deployment of wide area and local area networks including fibre installations.
* Experience in deployment of control systems and networks in Power Plants
* IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
* Comprehensive knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated with offshore/marine construction projects.
* Comprehensive knowledge of engineering procedures, standards and guidance.
* Experience of working in highly skilled teams.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.