- Design of new transmission substations on green field sites
- Feasibility studies and design of upgrades to existing transmission infrastructure
- Detailed HV cable design and earthing studies
- Owners engineer role including site attendance supervision for substation construction
- Preparing planning applications for transmission projects
The work typically comes from:
- Large projects and frameworks with transmission network operators mostly in Ireland but also in UK, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.
- Client and owners engineer role on construction of HV infrastructure
- Connection of renewable generation and major grid connected demand loads such as hyperscale data centres
- Previous design experience with consultancy, contractor or utility in the energy sector.
- Experience with high voltage substation design or construction projects.
- Understanding of electrical plant items and control systems such as transformers, GIS and AIS switchgear, etc.
- Ability to work flexibly across multiple projects.
- Full driver licence.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.