Service Continuity Manager
The Service Continuity Manager will be part of the Service Management team, managing the delivery of Infrastructure & Platforms (I&P) Services as provided by our Outsource Partner and other IT delivery units in the UK and Ireland.
Whilst the Supplier has responsibility, this role retains overall accountability for delivery, operation, monitoring , management and continual improvement of Service Continuity (DR) and Business Continuity processes and activities.
The role will utilise a strong background in Service Continuity to assure Supplier performance in line with contractual targets and in support of SSE Business requirements, leveraging strong Stakeholder and Supplier Management skills to ensure effective Service Management.
Working with the Supplier to ensure optimisation and continual improvement of SSE's continuity capabilities, this role will act as a point of escalation, approval and decision making.
1. Reduce the risk of Business disruption by developing, maintaining and regularly testing IT Service Continuity and Business Continuity plans.
2. Own and be accountable for all aspects of the IT Service Continuity Management process, including development, governance, compliance, reporting and continual improvement.
3. Ensure the process is operated in line with documented requirements, targets, SLAs and OLAs.
4. Work with other process owners to ensure that the process integrates into an overall Service Management System and that interfaces with other IT processes are identified, defined and monitored.
5. Develop and maintain the I&P IT Service Continuity and Business Continuity strategy, including the production, maintenance and management of the relevant continuity plans, which should be reviewed periodically to ensure that they accurately reflect Business needs and that the agreed recovery objectives can be achieved.
6. Ensure that I.T Service Business Impact Analysis is performed against all new and existing I.T services and that I.T Process Business Impact Analysis is performed for all I.T Support Teams.
7. Ensure that all new and existing services are designed to deliver the levels of recovery agreed in SLAs. Define recovery criteria to be applied to new or enhanced infrastructure design.
8. Develop and maintain continuity plans and testing schedules. Manage IT Service continuity activities when the plan is invoked or tested. Ensure that tests and plans are reviewed after major changes and conduct post-mortem reviews to ensure that corrective actions are implemented. Ensure that the process, including any changes, is communicated effectively and that the relevant practitioners are trained in the process.
9. Be accountable for, and ensure compliance with, all aspects of the process. Central point of contact, coordination, escalation, guidance and support for all aspects of the process, regardless of the technology or organisational structure involved. Define, document, maintain and change manage the process in line with ITIL guidelines and ISO 20000 requirements. Identify, implement and regularly review Critical Success Factors (CSFs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and targets to monitor and report on the performance of the process, leading to clarification and demonstration of the value delivered by the process.
10. Engages with SSE Business Units to understand forward visibility of Business demand, and ensures that processes perform and evolve to satisfy this demand.
11. Engages with Platform & Product Owners, Product Teams, Service Delivery Managers to ensure process compliance, governance and quality.
12. Accountable for ensuring processes are compliant with Group Policies and risk appetite.
13. Provide timely Management Information on process performance
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Expert in the use of Service Management processes and best practice such as ITIL; qualified to ITIL Foundation level.
- An excellent knowledge of Service Continuity and Business Continuity.
- Good supplier engagement experience.
- Excellent understanding of the development, customisation and implementation of customer
- support processes and procedures
- Experienced across a broad range of IT services and disciplines
- Supplier Management experience.
- Experience of working in IT at a leadership level with strong leadership experience
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.