Service Introduction Manager
This role is to manage the Service Introduction of New/Changed IT Services to one or more of our client's Change Delivery Value Streams. The key focus is to ensure all services that are delivered into the live operation are implemented in a controlled manner and are fit for purpose.
To ensure that the risks associated with the non-delivery of operational requirements and/or artefacts are identified and managed through to delivery.
To own and be accountable for all aspects of the Service Design & Transition process, including development, governance, compliance, reporting and continual improvement.
* Manage the Service Introduction of one or more IT Services within a Service Portfolio, aligned to one or more value streams.
* Embedding and aligning the Service Introduction lifecycle into the ways of working which aligns and integrates the Service Introduction approach into the Value Stream delivery methodology.
* Ensure that the primary IT services has a fully developed service model, including end to end support model.
* Ensuring we understand the downstream secondary Services which this change may also impact.
* Ensuring that Service Delivery/Service Management requirements are embedded in the scope and delivery plans to ensure they meet the standards and criteria for implementation into the production environment.
* Identify and communicate any issues and/or risks.
* Manage relationships with all relevant Technology stakeholders to communicate the progress with transition activities/ deliverables.
* Ensuring external 3rd party suppliers/vendor are engaged and a process is established for the creation of service schedules associated with new or amended services.
* Setting and agreeing service acceptance and warranty exit criteria and facilitating warranty meetings after the go live of new or changed services, ensuring effective warranty and utility is being delivered.
* Ensure that New/Changed IT Services has a documented Release process.
* Ensure all maintenance costs, both resource and maintenance, are confirmed, approved and communicated to the relevant Service Owners.
* Ensure service walkthroughs take place to ensure that service operations are adequately prepared to support the new or changed services.
* Excellent working knowledge of ITIL V3 ITIL 4
* A minimum of 8 years' relevant experience, ideally gained in other organisations.
* A proven and demonstrable understanding of IT Service Design/Transition and the practise of having implemented this into/across value streams.
* Strong business acumen
* A thorough knowledge of the energy sector, preferably gained from other organisations
* Thorough knowledge of the drivers behind IT Service Transition requirements associated with individual Business areas
* An understanding of how Service Introduction and Service management, support the delivery of business/technology enabling service.
Functional and Technical Skills
* A minimum of 5 years' technical or functional experience, gained in other organisations
* Demonstrable knowledge of the requirements of the ISO 20000 standard and the interdependency of Service Management processes
* A thorough knowledge of the requirements and benefits of an established IT Service Transition capability
* Strong organisational skills
Communication and Personal Attributes
* Fluent communicator, both written and orally, with experience of dealing with all organisational levels
* Able to articulate points of view, using examples and personal experience as appropriate
* Able to view both sides of a discussion, presenting reasoned cases for both
* Self motivated with excellent personal effectiveness and the ability to manage own workload and work independently incorporating short notice changes and demands.
* Strong leadership skills
* Ability to chair meetings at any organisational level
* Personal resilience and flexibility.
* Awareness of both personal and corporate safety and security practices.
* Good organisational skills
* Very good relationship building skills.
* Able to negotiate effectively.
* Strong customer focus
Problem Solving, Analysis and Reasoning
* Able to use multiple problem solving methodologies.
* Adept at identifying appropriate workarounds, ensuring that customer expectations are met at all times.
* Experience in resolving complex problems, involving multiple technologies or business areas
* Demonstrable ability to think 'outside of the box'
* Resolution of problems associated with process compliance and improvement
* Continual review of opportunities for process improvement
* Understanding of how changes within the organisation may drive demand on the IT Service Transition process
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.