Site Technicians / Harbor Supervisors - Virginia Project Job Description
ERSG USA are currently recruiting for a number (4) of Site Technicians to join the leading offshore wind develop in the USA on an initial 6-7 month contract beginning in March.
This is an excellent opportunity for any individuals with experience in military/naval operations (electrical or mechanical), onshore wind, oil & gas or other related disciplines.
Based in Virginia, this is one of the first offshore wind projects in the USA and a successful campaign will almost guarantee the technicians years of work moving forward.
01 March 2020 - 30 September 2020
Training & Qualifications:
- All training certificates will be paid for by ERSG USA and our client - with a value of over $4,000.
Recommended background and competences/skills:
- Experience from:
- Onshore or offshore wind farms
- Experience with working as a rigger/banksman/slinger
- Military naval background - mechanical or electrical (preferred)
- Oil and gas
- Offshore power cables or other offshore works
- US citizen, preferably Maryland and/or Virginia
- Some experience with managing smaller storage/small asset management eg:
- Some experience with use of a small asset management software system
- Some experience with sending and receiving tools and PPE for calibration, inspection or other
- Experience with PPE handling (defining quarantined areas etc.)
- Knowledge with safety rules on a construction site
- IT skills. Knowledge of how to use Excel, Word, Outlook
ERSG USA sees rather a person holding the right attitude than a person holding all skills and competencies but lacking the right personality:
- Team oriented, Service minded and helpful
- Safety minded (Ability to speak up when work in harbour or offshore is not safe)
- Can do attitude
- Willing to go an extra mile
- Eager to learn a new industry
Roles and Responsibilities:
Due to the small size of the project, we are combining two roles into one with the following responsibilities and tasks. As a general rule, this role is overall support for construction management of the project.
Site Technician tasks:
- Maintenance and replacement of defective fall-arrestors, navigation lights etc.
- Cleaning of offshore assets using jet/power washer (includes boat landings etc.)
- Keep records of offshore structures for bird guano
- Removal of waste from structures
- Generator maintenance assistance, fuelling
- Assist with fuelling of vessels
- Inspection of hook-on points
- Lifting operations at Harbour site and offshore locations
- Walkdowns and inspections of installed assets offshore
- Extra tasks can be given depending on agreement with packages eg. Walk downs and tasks from snagging lists.
Harbour Site Supervisor tasks:
- Assist the project HSE department regarding harbour site specific issues
- Management of safety equipment: PPE, climbing gear including keeping record of inventory and keeping track of the use of PPE, monitoring service life of PPE.
- Site stock management - consumables for the building
- Authorise all forklift and crane operation onshore and organise availability of crane
- Daily housekeeping on site and vehicles, general site upkeep management
- Building, facility and site boundary safety checks
- Monitor and record site electricity and water use
- Liaise with port waste management contractors
- Site office delivery management.
- Liaise with shipyard, site security company, and local site contractors.
- Keep a quarantined area for damaged tools and PPE
- Daily /weekly/ monthly building safety checks
If you feel like this is the right job for you or you would like find out more about the position, please click "apply" where possible to progress your application. Alternatively, you may contact a member of ERSG's Offshore Wind Division in the Boston Office by searching "ERSG Boston" on Google or LinkedIn.