Are you a proven project management professional that is capable of stepping into an established project to support creating a more sustainable world?
Our client is looking for Project Managers who can be the interface between Construction Site Operations, Project Management and the Technical / Power Solutions and Global QSE department the team is providing solutions to the relevant stakeholders to reduce cost of poor quality and by that to increase customer satisfaction.
Your main responsibility is to create, maintain and drive project execution balancing scope, budgets, resources and timelines - and to identify, document, escalate and mitigate project risks. Throughout the project it is important that you encourage safety behaviour and ensure adherence to regulations and standards on site. In addition, your responsibilities will cover to:
- Align and sign off project scope with Sales including support during the negotiation phase.
- Ensure that your projects are cost efficient for the benefit of the customer and to stay competitive in the market & project planning corresponds with contractual agreements, following up on changes and involving relevant legal resources
- Align and balance requirements within product, production, installation and service requirements
- Be key contact for the customer after the handover from Sales, from handover to steering the resource planning and milestones needed for effective project execution
- Ensure continuous communication and update to all stakeholders using the agreed tools, identifying and utilising the correct construction technologies and guides ensuring that quality standards are met
- Continuously evaluate project and work out lessons learned, both during project gates and after milestones and delivery
You will likely have a Bachelors' with potentially a Masters' degree within Engineering, Business Administration, Finance or similar. You could have a commercial background combined with technical understanding or a technical background combined with solid commercial understanding. In addition, you have:
- Project Management experience ideally from large scale construction projects or complex technical equipment in an international environment
- Experience with modular construction projects is advantageous
- Solid business insight/analytical skills and good understanding of the value chain
- Ability to keep the overview and think ahead, but also to appreciate the operational aspects
- Certified in project management tools e.g. Prince2, IPMA, PMI, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or similar is ideal
- Knowledge of modular development and new product introductions across a global value chain is a benefit
- Good IT skills and Experience with the Microsoft packages, SAP, BI or equivalent EPR knowledge
- Solid relationship management skills and ability to coach, motivate and direct people
- Customer focused and solution-oriented
- Significant abilities in taking a clear overview the financial aspects of projects and act on deviations
- Proven ability to work both freely and in teams in an environment with tight deadlines
- Open-minded and good at sharing and gathering information within a team
- Solid communication skills in German & English, both written and verbal
- This is a remote working position with frequent travel across the UK
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.