Data Quality Analyst
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for the delivery of the data quality framework, processes and operating model that supports the Data Management service provision necessary for the effective management of the Business Unit's data assets; ultimately resulting in trusted data that meets regulatory requirements, delivers operational efficiency and enables innovative analytics to power business growth and profitability. This role ensures that Data Quality processes and rules are optimised across the business unit enabling the business users to access and use good quality data for their business processes.
Our client has defined a Data Quality Framework covering 6 Dimensions, Data Quality Analysts are responsible for ensuring the implementation of this Framework within their Business units, coordinating Data Domain stewards in the framework adoption and promoting a data a driven culture. Active participation in the relevant Data Quality Community of Practice is expected.
1. Data Quality Services
Leading on the delivery of centralised Data Quality services for the Business Unit to standardise best practice and realise enterprise synergies including the deployment of centralised data quality tooling and the related operating models and processes. Promote the wider adoption of best practice and utilisation of Data Quality tooling.
2. Data Quality Framework & Standards
Leading the implementation & adoption of the approved data quality framework & standards throughout the Business Unit. Providing input into the development/ review of the data quality frameworks and standards. Working with the Data Management Centre of Excellence to establish a rich and effective data quality culture. Leading the development and documentation of data quality standards and business rules that must be applied to data sets across data domains within the business unit.
3. Data Quality Metrics & Reporting
Creation and development of Data Quality Reporting and supporting documentation that underpins the delivery of the Data Management roadmap to improve maturity. Responsible for the production and monitoring of data quality dashboards and KPIs and reporting trends to the Head of Data & Analytics, the Data Governance Board and relevant forums.
4. Data Issue & Resolution Management
Responsible for the data issue & resolution process. Establishing data profiling, identifying data quality issues & assessing business risk impact of data quality issues. Coordinating the investigation (root cause analysis) and correction/ enrichment of poor-quality data. Collaborating with SMEs and data domain stewards to resolve changes data issues.
5. Analytics Assurance
Provision of Data Quality assurance service for analytics data sources being loaded onto the Analytics Platform. Provision of guidance on data profiling and reporting that help ensure appropriate and correct use of data on the platform in compliance with all regulations and standards.
6. Delivery of Business Analysis
Where Data Management projects are initiated to deliver new software or services, support or act in a Business Analyst capacity responsible for producing documents such as the business case and benefits realisation plan.
7. Engagement with DMCoE
Our client operates a Hub and Spoke Model and engagement with the Data Management of Excellence is critical to the operating model. Data quality analysts are to engage and collaborate with the Group Data Management Centre of Excellence in the delivery of the Data Quality Framework and Operating Model
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This section is to define/qualify the expertise/capability which is ESSENTIAL to meet job demands.
* Good knowledge of Data Management and Data Quality industry best practice.
* A clear understanding of all general and industry specific legislation and regulation pertaining to data including GDPR, Competition Law, REMIT, Business Separation
* Ability to support the implementation of industry best practice into an organisation and use this to drive measurable improvements at an enterprise level.
* Understanding of challenges and opportunities facing the Energy sector in a data driven knowledge economy.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
* Good breadth and depth of knowledge and experience in the delivery of IT services ideally from a similar role in a large organisation.
* Skilled in Data Quality Management disciplines.
* A good understanding of and experience of the application of Data Quality dimensions to Data Quality management
* Ability to work with business users and IT peers to investigate, discuss, document, and remediate data quality issues
* A good understanding of organisational data flows, lineage and hierarchies.
* Knowledge of market leading Data Quality tools such as Informatica, Collibra, IBM IGC, Power BI etc.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
* Ability to work with and collaborate with a high-performing team across remote locations.
* Good stakeholder management skills; using persuasion and understanding of business goals to influence strategic direction on data.
* Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, able to influence effectively at all levels of the organisation.
* Takes ownership of problems and requests from all interconnecting and interdependent workstreams, and maintains quality of work even in a pressurised environment
* A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
* The ability to learn new skills and new subject areas and apply this knowledge quickly and effectively.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.