A major Japanese contruction company is looking for a marine engineer to design, support and manage the operations of machinery on vessels relating to their fast growing offshore wind business in Japan.
- Designing vessels and associated machinery, including examining the strength during transportation and construction.
- Examining the specifications of temporary machinery according to the construction plan.
- Supporting technical management and maintenance management during construction
- Identifying and resolving various issues related to the operation of vessel machinery in the open ocean
Location: based in Tokyo, but some travel to project sites is required.
Education: University degree, majoring in mechanical engineering preffered
Experience: 5+ years of experience in shipbuilding and mechanical design
English ability: Intermediate and above. TOEIC score 600 +
Japanese ability: N3 minimum, N2 and above strongly encouraged to apply with demonstrable work experience in Japanese.
Salary: 8 mil. yen - 12 mil. yen (includes 2 annual bonuses )
Bonus Twice a year (July, December)
Trial period: 3 months
Salary Increase: Once a year
Commuting Expenses, Social | Health insurance, Welfare pension, Employment Insurance insurance and Worker's accident compensation fully covered.
- 08:30 - 17:30 (60 minute break)
- Overtime: 20-30 hours a month
- 130 days of annual holidays, 10 days paid leave in first year (from 7th month)
Holidays & Time Off
- 130 days of annual holidays
- Five-day workweek,
- national holidays off
*Please note that this position is only currently open to residents of Japan
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.