Technical Delivery Manager
Our client t is a specialist in cross-border payments and currency exchange. They work with businesses to accelerate growth by giving them access to cross-border payments and currency exchange optimised for their needs. They do this by blending their own technology, insights, experience and industry connections with the best technology and banking service infrastructures available.
The opportunity is to join a Technology team that is at the beginning of a very exciting journey to a micro services architecture as we look to build out our APIs, developer portal, enhance our UI/UX and re-engineer key business and operational journeys. Their business is growing fast and has established a successful suite of products in the market and we're now significantly ramping up our technical capacity and expertise to take advantage of the significant commercial opportunities that they have.
They are a multi-skilled team of Developers, DevOps Engineers and QA Engineers who consistently create a top-class and innovative platform delivered to our B2B customers.
* Contribute to the delivery of the business strategy and great customer outcomes through performing the role of Technical Project Manager within the team.
* Reporting into the CTO, the Technical Delivery Manager will be accountable for the delivery of significant change across both our proprietary FinTech platform, as well as third party platforms and integrations, for example CRM.
* Ensuring that solutions holistically cover the changes required across systems, people, and processes. It is a critical success factor that the candidate considers the people element of all change (both internal staff, and external clients)
* You are curious with a customer and commercial mindset.
* You are delivery focused, take pride in the work you undertake, and want to support your changes all the way to Production and beyond.
* You have a strong attention to detail and are accurate in your work.
* Great communication skills and enjoy working with both onsite and remote team members.
* You are an outstanding collaborator and able to work very effectively across different stakeholder groups.
* You can hold your own in discussion yet are open to shifting your perspective to new ideas and solutions to achieve the best business outcomes.
* Growth mindset, open to feedback and learning.
* SME/start-up experience preferred.
* Experience managing cross-functional technical deliveries in a fast-moving environment.
* Experience managing 3rd party implementations and upgrades; able to work collaboratively with 3rd party's and able to hold them to account to drive results.
* Excellent and dynamic problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills across disciplines both written and oral.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously and able to resolve scheduling challenges to meet deadlines.
* Experience managing ongoing SLA's with 3rd party technical parties/SaaS.
* Experience running Agile ceremonies, e.g. Retrospective meetings, sprint planning.
* Demonstrable technical background (e.g., knowledge of SQL and databases).
* High JIRA competency.
* Payments and/or foreign exchange. [** this is NOT mandatory **]
* Managing multiple, technically complex initiatives across Freemarket.
* Manage risks, issues, dependencies and escalate issues when required.
* Delivering robust and business relevant project reporting and project metrics.
* Interact with key stakeholders including product owners, tech leads, developers, QA a to 'make things happen'.
* Collaboratively set milestones and produce KPIs on progress and quality.
Contribute to agile meetings, including planning, review, retrospectives, and daily stand ups.
* Act as escalation point for team blockers and impediments to speed up delivery. * Champion and facilitate the breaking-down of deliverables into thin vertical slices to enable the early and iterative delivery of value.
* Visualise the work of the teams to track and ensure sustainable progress.
* Communicate with stakeholders about the work and progress of the team, including escalating blockers and risks and managing dependencies.
* Ensuring all external and internal impacts of change are considered.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.