All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution.
The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
- Responsible for field resource deployment planning and execution to meet customer and business metrics
- Interface with the customer service managers on issues escalation
- Develop long range forecast for region resource needs
- Develop and execute short and long-range resource plans based on resource forecasts and region business commitments including recruitment, skills reviews, and resource development through advance level training
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team me
- advanced experience in the Services & Resource Management. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Candidates must be fluent in Japanese and English with proven work experience in both languages.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.