Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the Resource Analyst role is to offer resource management, analysis and reporting service to the Resource and Capacity business function, its manager and key senior management.
This role plays a vital part in the coordination and smooth running of the day-to-day activities working closely with the project delivery community and Resource Management Service Providers to SSE IT, chasing of inputs and other required information.
The role involves establishing and tracking resource demand, engaging with stakeholders, managing the design, coordination and implementation of resource management related processes and procedures.
This is a demanding role that requires resource management experience and relies on a number of key skills such as communication at all level including external stakeholders. Good use of O365 suite experience in excel using pivot table and look up is essential, data analysis including financial, organisational skills are essential as the person is expected to multi-task and work well under pressure. The person will need to be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and demands daily.
- Manage the day-to-day service providers working with the supplier team to ensure fulfilment of IT resources in line with agreed service levels
- Manage, develop and maintain the resource management supporting processes. Identify and drive the continued development and implementation of any new resource management related process improvement to ensure service levels are maintained
- Work with the project delivery community / hiring managers to ensure the function is offering a value-add service; monitor the mailbox ensuring all requests are responded to in a timely fashion
- Engage with the service providers to ensure they are made aware of any updates to SSE procedures. Ensure they are always embraced and adopted by the contractors ensuring compliance
- Create and provide regular management information reports to inform and help senior management make decisions. Develop proactively suite of reports and analysis to provide timely and concise performance information to management
- Manage onboarding and offboarding of contractors and new starter inductions; be the 'go to person' in the first instance to deal with any queries they may have - Be the point of contact for contingent worker in SSE IT
- Establish the appropriate process and controls to ensure successful completion of timesheet, including their quality. Chase up any missing timesheet and ensure the variance is minimised. Be able to explain any variance.
- Engage with timesheet approvers to ensure timely approval of timesheets - highlighting any issues to PM Resource & Capacity Manager where timesheets submission / approval are likely to be delayed.
- Manage the training of new contractors in using the timesheet entry system and ensure weekly submissions
- Attend and take minutes of operational meetings, maintain the issue logs and raise any concerns to the PM Resource & Capacity Manager, whilst proactively ensuring minimal escalated issues on the contracts
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Functional and Technical Skills and Communication and Personal Attributes
- Solid experience in resource management
- Good experience of working with stakeholders at all levels
- Previous work with suppliers as stakeholder would be advantageous
- Previous experience working in a Project Office or similar roles, e.g. PMO
- Knowledge of timesheet recording systems
- Knowledge and experience working with financial systems, such as Oracle and environments
- Knowledge and experience working with Azure Dev Ops, from a adding and editing User Stories and tasks.
Functional and Technical Skills
- Basic knowledge of accruals, cost recharging and journals
- Basic understanding of working with Resource providers and Suppliers
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visio (Process Maps)
- Expert Excel Skills, PIVOT tables and Look up functions' minimum requirement.
- Documenting and organising information in spreadsheets, document management systems (eg SharePoint).
- Able to present information concisely
- Awareness of commercial environment
- Awareness of Safety practices in an office environment, to be able to challenge behaviours where necessary
- Awareness of information security practices within commercially sensitive environments
Communication and Personal Attributes
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong communications skills, articulate with effective written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver under pressure whilst building relationships
- Customer focused approach
- Team player
- Strong Influencing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a challenging environment and develop new skills
- Ability to plan own work and work on own initiative to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands and prioritise tasks and workload
- Tact, discretion, and respect for confidentiality
Problem Solving, Analysis and Reasoning
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
Accountability and Financial Dimensions
No direct responsibility for budget or other financial dimensions
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.