Founded in the UK in October 2008 ERSG is a leading recruitment consultancy operating in the worldwide energy sector. ERSG has experienced incredible growth since its inception, growing from £0 to £110m for this accounting year. We have offices in the USA, Germany, The Netherlands, Ireland, Taiwan, and Japan.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world-leading offshore wind engineering, design and project management contractors in Europe with successful record all over the world. In the past 20 years, our client provide a complete range of engineering services through the full life-cycle of a wind farm, from conceptual studies, Front-End engineering, safety and environment studies, through to complete EPCM project management, procurement, construction and operations management.
About the Role
An amazing opportunity has arisen for an experienced individual to join us in Taiwan, based from our APAC HQ in Taipei. You'll lead and further develop our strategy in the Offshore Wind sector, as Country Manager, you'll have full P&L responsibility and are expected to facilitate our client's requirements across their projects whilst promoting and growing the our business.
- Working closely with the wider APAC Renewables region in South Korea, Australia, and Japa
- Responsibility for managing Taiwan operations including taking responsibility for ensuring sales, revenue, and profit for the Taiwan market meet or exceed the agreed annual budget
- Developing, with the Head of Renewables, the annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business plan
- Delivering monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for revenue, profits, and sales
- Leading business development activities, managing key accounts, and creating a sustainable pipeline of work with up to or exceeding a three-year lookahead
- Leading the engineering and project management of all major projects in Taiwan.
- Lead and provide technical input as required to prequalification and proposals for new work
- Management of and participation in specific scopes of work for our Taiwan projects
- As our representative with clients, suppliers, partners, local authorities, and third-party contractors, can negotiate terms and conditions related to engineering work, ensure company interests are assured, and maintain good relations with all concerned
- During initial phases provide direct services on a part-time basis for client projects
- Oversee project closeout, ensures that all lessons learned are well documented and circulated
- Business/ Project Development experience of 5 years + in the offshore wind sector in the region (incl. experience in Wind Energy Development)
- Knowledge of the Taiwan Electricity Sector, (Generation, Distribution, or Power Purchase Agreements)
- Business Experience and Network of Contacts in the country ▪
- Experience in Organic Business Development and proven track record in managing growth (Pipeline to Backlog)
- Experience in leading or playing a major role in significant commercial transactions with senior stakeholders
- Strong contractual and negotiations experience as well as creativity for deal-making
- Structured thinker. Strong analytical capability and appreciation of risk versus reward
- Good understanding of project financials/ financial models
- Ability to work independently in the day-to-day activities through close cooperation and coordination with global headquarters
- Experience in interacting and managing relationships with partners and clients.
- Experience in relating to government officials and government departments
- Flexible work attitude and ability to support multiple projects and add value
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and work with decentralized teams in an international environment.
- Understand the Taiwan marketplace, familiar with local energy policy and regulations
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably within an offshore engineering discipline with some financial qualifications or training
- Have experience within offshore wind across the full-project life cycle of large-scale projects
- Someone who is comfortable engaging with stakeholders has developed strong leadership qualities, and can build a really positive team culture
- Experienced in operating in the Taiwan market, strong network within offshore wind and in the region, who has spent time working in a Project-based capacity
If you are the one we are looking for, do not hesitate to apply and talk with us!
Reach out to [email protected] if there is any question.
Looking forward to talking to you!
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.