A local wind developer is currently looking for an a power transmission and transformation engineer to act as a key player in electrical design, electrical civil design, and permitting of offshore wind projects in Japan.
- Examine grid connection points, ensuring efficient and reliable connections.
- Prepare application forms for connection studies, facilitating smooth integration.
- Engage in discussions with electric power companies, both general transmission and distribution entities.
- Study onshore and offshore transmission and substation routes, optimizing electrical infrastructure.
- Prepare quotation specifications for electrical design and construction. Oversee the design process as the ordering party.
- Consult with wind turbine manufacturers to ensure seamless integration.
- Proficiency in electrical design, with expertise in special high-voltage (7000V or more) transmission lines, substations, and control systems.
- English language skills, equivalent to Eiken level 2 or a TOEIC score of around 600.
- Valid driving license for Japan
- Experience in preparing applications for grid connection and collaborating with electric power companies.
- Holding certifications such as Chief Electrical Engineer (1st to 3rd class), Certified Electrician (1st to 2nd class), or Professional Engineer (Electrical and Electronic Department) would be advantageous for this role.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.