Logistics Specialist - Algeria - Oil & Gas
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, delivery orders etc to determine work assignments to best meet site required schedules.
- Liaise between the Joint-Venture, Customs broker and haulier to ensure any issues are dealt with quickly to ensure prompt deliveries to site can be achieved.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Implement corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Travel between office, Customs, haulier premises, port and site.
- Prepares management reports.
- Prepares other standard and ad hoc reports as required.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and attributes required
- Minimum 5 years project logistics experience
- Fluent in English, French and Arabic both written and oral
- Good decision-making skills
- Must have a good knowledge of project cargo, out of gauge cargo and specialised vehicles.
- Knowledge of Algerian Customs procedures.
- IT literate
- Must be able to travel