Application / Systems Support Engineer
Remote working - one day a month in the office
On call - one week in every four
Our clients Renewables IT/OT team support the systems used by their Renewables business for the safe and reliable operation of their assets and other infrastructure.
As part of this role, you will be required to provide technical support in ensuring the ongoing maintenance, and developed service improvements to, their core applications and the infrastructure which support them. With a level of guidance and support, apply your knowledge to the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, problems and in the development of technical solutions to satisfy business requirements.
You will be required to take part in an Out of Hours Call Out Rota as part of this role.
Skills / Experience
Sufficient functional and business awareness to become an effective technical support to functional analysts and developers.
- A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise own workload within demanding schedules
- Experience of working with 3rd Party Support to identify and escalate issues and work with them to resolve and document the issues found.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Able to take ownership of problems and requests as well as the ability to work in a pressurised environment.
- Excellent technical computing, analysis, design and development skills to a proven professional level
- A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ideally some experience around either OT or Control room environments
* With minimal support, diagnose and resolve incidents and problems.
* Working to defined standards, provide support, estimation, design and development input into new developments to our core applications.
* Provide support to the monitoring and reporting of the supported systems performance.
* With guidance, provide configuration changes to our core applications as deemed necessary.
* Provide support of the release and change management processes required to implement technical changes to our core applications.
* Provide support in ensuring the quality of the technical application elements of internal projects throughout the development lifecycle.
* Undertake the validation and verification of technical deliverables through QA and test processes.
* Using experience, provide guidance and technical input of own area through, knowledge transfer, one to one workshop, mentoring to other teams as required.
* With general guidance, provide input into tasks required for the effective management of red alert, incident and problem management processes.
* Provide out of hours support as required and agreed with the Delivery Lead.
* With guidance, provide impact assessment, deployment and regression support of infrastructure support packs and patches
* Provide input into the definition and documentation of the technical delivery policy, process, standards and documentation templates.
* Provide vendor liaison support and maintain the relationship with third parties.
* Create and maintain good working relationships with key contacts.
* Undertake tasks to ensure the access and security of SSE's development and test assets as required.
* Experience from a similar support or development role in supporting business critical systems in a medium/large organisation
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.