Hybrid - 3/6 days per month required in office
Your objective is to collect, manage, and verify all geographic information for an Offshore Wind project and to support packages with GIS expertise.
- Responsible for the daily geographic information management in relation to the development and construction of the project.
- Responsible to produce maps and visualisations of various data sources.
- You will be responsible to check whether project deliverables and metadata are submitted in the prescribed formats.
- Responsible to support packages with spatial analyses.
- Responsible to guide the project in GIS development.
- Performing geospatial data management in a QGIS model - collecting, validating, analysing, and distributing data to relevant stakeholders.
- Designing and integrating databases from geographical specifications
- Troubleshooting and correcting errors within GIS networks, software, and hardware components.
- Performing 2D and 3D spatial analyses, for instance seabed survey data interpretation
- Mapping, visualising, and distributing data for EPCI packages.
- Continuously working on digitising and developing workflows internally and in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Communicating GIS development with senior managers and executives.
- Directing the project in the development of GIS and geospatial utilities.
- Project QGIS model
- Creating new models
- Updating on a regular basis
- Quality control
- Data dissemination
- Visualisation of data and spatial analyses
- Reviews of GIS information provided by external suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, geography, surveying, engineering or related field.
- +5 years professional experience in a similar role
- Experience with mapping tool QGIS
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Fluent English speaking and writing.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.