ERSG is looking for a Marine Coordinator, on behalf of our client. The ideal candidate will responsible for the monitoring and coordination of all marine traffic operations on Offshore Wind Farm, ensuring alignment with the sites generation license, consent conditions, policies, and procedures along with all applicable laws, regulations and industry best practices.
- Participate in the preparation of the marine coordination procedures
- Revise and keep these procedures up to date
- Monitor all systems for the tracking of vessels and transfer of personnel
- Co-ordinate all project-related marine traffic between ports and the offshore sites
- Communicate with marine traffic using VHF Radio
- Preparation of vessel manifests
- Maintain logging, meeting, and reporting routines as stipulated in the Marine Coordination Procedures
- Obtain work schedules from the operations team and contractors and coordinate SIMOPS meetings and distribute minutes so to avoid traffic/ work related conflicts of interest
- Co-ordinate monitoring and maintenance of navigational marking of the offshore site
- Monitor and communicate weather reports
- Prepare and issue Notices to Mariners, and other such advisory notices
- Act as initial point of contact and coordinator for offshore emergency response plans
- Support Search and Rescue operations
- Responsible for the recording and reporting of defects, and under performance
- Preparation of daily reports
- Produce daily, weekly & monthly operational reports
- Work with Asset/Site Managers to ensure safe daily wind farm operations
- Check Offshore personnel certification is correct and valid, issue crew change certification updates on a daily basis
- MCA Master 200 or higher
- Evidence of transferable Control room experience from either Oil and Gas or any other relevant occupation
- All current offshore certifications (preferable).
- HNC in Marine/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent (NVQ L4 and Above) is desirable.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.