Monitor and control of a minimum size (1075MW) offshore wind farm. Co-ordinate with personnel working offshore during operational and maintenance activities. Safe and controlled release of Wind Turbine plant for maintenance; Responding remotely to turbine alarms; Tracking personnel attendance at site and; Acting as central contact for co-ordination in Emergency Response and Incident Reporting.
- Monitoring and Controlling of Wind Farm.
- Setting People to Work
- Safety Rules Duties
- Availability - Adhere to (and contribute to) 24/7 rotating shift rota to maintain sufficient cover, liaising with Control Room Manager as necessary and notifying risk where necessary. Comply with External Customer contractual terms (e.g. National Grid or network operator).
- Marine Co-ordination
- Operational innovation
- Technical Support
- Plant and procedures
Essential Function / Technical Skills:
- Suitable industry experience (outlined below) and/or Qualification in Higher Education to standard equivalent to that gained through time served apprenticeship with a period of implementation in industry (e.g. HND, HNC+ Experience). Preferably in a technical discipline or that with closely related transferrable skills;
- Relevant experience in Control Room/Control Systems environment or that requiring equivalent competence with electrical focus;
- Electrical System operations;
- Experienced in performing duties under Operational/Wind Turbine Safety Rules or enough competence to develop such authorisation in a limited timeframe (3 to 6 months);
- Experiences in use of SCADA, Network Control Systems, Trading Systems and Maintenance Management Systems;
- Understanding of weather forecasting and effects on operational assets and response;
- Knowledge of information technology systems;
- Ability to read and understand Electrical SLDs;
- Ability to carry out remote switching of plant safely and in line with HV safety rules.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.