PI Historian Technical Specialist
As PI Historian and Data Subject Matter expert, you'll analyse system requirements and design, test, code and modify very complex programmes and scripts to agreed company standards as well as undertaking technical leadership (high level business analysis and application design) and co-ordination of technical development within product lifecycle, and/or system maintenance tasks. You'll be collaborating with product leadership roles to deliver business outcomes in Agile, DevOps environment as part of a team.
You'll have previous experience of working as a PI Historian technical specialist with a sound understanding of the Product suite and interfacing needs to other Data systems. This will allow you to understand our instances end to end and to advise our customers on the best use and set of of the product.
Skills / Experience
* Sufficient functional and business awareness to become an effective support analyst
* PI Historian Technical Specialist with over 3 years experience
* Experience in Management of PI Solutions ideally across multiple areas
* Strong understanding of the PI solution and licencing model
* Delivery of change and support to multiple environments
* Ability to work with Business community and translate requirements
* Ideally to be able to configure to deliver value at speed.
* Strong knowledge of SCADA data and reporting options
* A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise own workload within demanding schedules
* Strong written and verbal skills
* Able to take ownership of problems and requests as well as the ability to work in a pressurised environment
* Excellent technical computing, analysis, design, and development skills to a proven professional level.
* Delivering product backlog items across the end-to-end products as part of an agile in a DevOps environment.
* Act as the 2nd Line Triage Support role to ensure the request for support goes to the right place for resolution
* Build knowledge and triage around multiple interfaces
* Review and revise the documenting for current system Across multiple instances
* Ensure support model is fit for purpose for all instances and RACI, key stakeholders are identified
* Share a Roadmap for service and improvement for the PI Solutions(s)
* Support emerging Project and change activity to develop the products
* Ensure user requirements are comprehensive, analysed and enabling the desired outcome.
* Undertaking complex systems designs and leading the development process within the multi-disciplinary teams to undertake detailed analysis and coding activities.
* Diagnosing and resolving problems with applications systems (both internal and third party) in the production environment.
* Experience from a similar support or development role in supporting business critical systems in a medium/large organisation
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.