Technical Business Analyst - Connectivity
Remote working with ad hoc travel required
To provide a business level requirements gathering and process identification process.
Skills / Experience
* Forms judgements based on logical conclusions that have been drawn from available facts
* Accurately visualises and clearly articulates proposed solutions to business problems provided by design team to business areas
* A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise own and others' workload within demanding schedules
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Excellent facilitation skills; ensures stakeholders reach agreement and develop effective work practices
* Possesses excellent communication skills
* Takes ownership of problems and requests from all interconnecting and interdependent workstreams, and maintains quality of work even in a pressurised environment
* Excellent time management skills; able to effectively plans own and others' time
* Exhibits a confident and professional approach towards all aspects of the role
* Excellent analysis and knowledge transfer skills to a proven professional level
* A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
* A strong understanding and demonstratable experience of Infrastructure and associated Technologies
* Leads on work with internal/external stakeholders to clarify requirements, plan implementation and answer queries through the development process
* Marshals and documents requirements for the subsequent identification of an appropriate solution and the detailed design of a business process to accommodate it
* Oversees the management and development of the Business Analyst team in line with the goals of the manager
* Leads on any large/complex business analysis projects and ensures that all workstreams progress in a timely manner, towards the common goal
* Plans, prioritises, manages, executes and evaluates analysis work on multiple complex projects and/or critical projects
* Works with internal/external stakeholders to understand and prioritise conflicting needs
* Undertakes personal responsibility for IT data security by ensuring that rules and practices are identified
* Identifies, determines and assigns complex end-to-end business processes impacting multiple discrete business areas using all available methods
* Presents complex business and technical concepts to all levels of stakeholder
* Identifies, assesses, evaluates and communicates business and IT risk
* Prepares succinct reports and communications on complex business processes and progression that are tailored to different situations and audiences; able to educate others in effective report writing
* Oversees in depth scoping exercises during the early stages of work packages; educates junior analysts in effective scoping exercises; continually monitors work package progress
* Demonstrates an all-encompassing breadth and depth of knowledge and experience with experience from a similar support or development role in supporting business critical/complex systems in a large organisation.
* Full understanding of the gas and electricity industry dataflows, metering standards and regulations, able to give guidance to staff at all levels, demonstrates a firm knowledge of industry practice and maintains good relationships with colleagues from our client's Regulatory Department.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.