As a BIM Coordinator, you are expected to have a strong track record in one or, preferably, multiple
sectors that the client operates in. You'll have a fast-rising career to date with experience of
working on a variety of BIM projects and handling competing priorities. You'll be part of an
enthusiastic and committed team of BIM professionals working together to deliver high quality output
- Facilitate delivery of federated 3D models, hosted and linked BIM data including COBie
- Conduct model validation checks, coordination reviews and liaise with model managers for
- Contribute to the development and mentoring of our Early Careers population and the continuous
improvement of departmental capabilities
- Champion quality and compliance controls within local teams and projects
- Collaborate with team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building
solutions to the customer and project brief.
- Ensure that the client projects achieve BIM delivery in compliance with industry standards, EIR,
BEP and the client BIM procedures.
- Set up BIM modelling environment and communicate access procedures to the project team
- Set up and maintain Common Data Environment for a project, in consultation with Document
Control, procurement and other related parties who have systems where data needs to be shared
- Support the presentation of in-house and customer BIM courses and seminars
- Contribute to the preparation of enquiry plans, tender reviews, fee estimate sheets, scopes of work
and change controls as required.
- Check, interrogate and validate modelling geometry and data
- Liaise with and support model authors from all sources including the design team, subcontractors
and manufacturers to ensure a fully coordinated design
- Chair BIM Coordination meetings
- Ensure that the BIM Execution Plan including the information exchange protocols are adhered to
by the project team and report on compliance issues
- Demonstrable experience as a BIM Co-ordinator, Information Manager or Technician
- Confident communication and presentation skills
- An ability to develop relationships that deliver long term benefits. An ability to appraise EIRs and
develop BIM Execution Plans with clear BIM goals.
- Ability to use Navisworks / Solibri software accurately and efficiently for clash detection, coordination
reviews and asset data auditing.
- Possess an understanding of ISO19650, PAS1192 and other BIM standards
- Understanding and delivery of COBie data
- Be capable of modelling and inputting data to high quality standards .
- Experience of delivering multi-disciplinary projects in several sectors that the client operates in.
- Experience of contributing to bids, proposals and tender specifications.
- Understanding of commercial elements of projects
- Ability to manage BIM software environments accurately and efficiently eg 3D, 4D, 5D, AR and VR
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects in at least one sector that the client operates in
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.