- Initiate more than 100MWs of new projects annually as well as maintain and report on active pipeline of opportunities.
- Acquiring partially developed project positions.
- Focus on various aspects of development, including project site evaluation, land acquisition/leasing/superficies, obtaining permits, licenses, and approvals, electric interconnection, negotiating power purchase agreements (PPAs), and conducting financial analysis of projects.
- Originate and support diligence of M&A or discrete investment opportunities.
- Effectively manage project budgets and approval processes, and provide monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on the progress of business development.
- Work closely with the Project Finance team to source project debt.
- A Bachelor's Degree in engineering, finance, economics, marketing, real estate, or a related field is required; an MBA or MSc would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 15 years total relevant professional experience, with at least 5 years power generation project development experience in utility scale power plants in Japan, with very strong preference for megasolar experience. Experience in development of overseas project a plus.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of Japanese policies, regulations, laws, and market dynamics pertaining to renewable energy, which serves as a fundamental basis for developing effective business strategies.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.