A regional foreign renewable energy developer is seeking a civil engineering professional to contribute to innovative solar and wind projects to help drive sustainable solutions in the evolving energy landscape.
In this role, you'll be at the forefront of providing essential civil engineering support for Solar and Wind projects. This involves conducting site evaluations, contributing to the design and cost estimation of wind farms and solar fields.
Your responsibilities span from the initial project stages through development to construction. Effective communication across departments and with external partners, as well as adept management of back-office resources, will be key to delivering top-notch civil design.
- Lead civil design and cost estimation for wind and solar projects throughout the project phases.
- Provide engineering support for due diligence and asset development projects, focusing on the civil plan concept and cost evaluation.
- Optimize earthwork, create as-built drawings, prepare bills of material, and estimate costs.
- Support project management and development teams during construction, handover, and land acquisition processes.
- Conduct on-site visits for design adjustments during construction.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of design and construction experience.
- Additional 3-5 years in a managerial position preferred.
- Confident business level Japanese and English.
- Civil Engineering degree not required; other relevant degrees accepted.
- Experience in Wind Farms or Solar Fields projects, ideally in designing, construction, or management roles, or experience in construction/engineering companies.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency in 3D software for civil design (e.g., civil 3D, tracking vehicle) and/or GIS software (e.g., QGIS).
- Understanding of land surveying data management, topographic and contour maps, cadastral documents, earthwork analysis, grading/levelling design, water facilities design, and technical documents/analysis.
- Ability to design and estimate the cost of solar or wind projects.
- Proficiency in producing tender documents (e.g., bill of quantities, bill of material, layouts).
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.