Cyber Security Architect
This role is for an experienced Cyber Security Architect to support the development of the technology estate that supports our client's Distribution business. There is an initial Digital Programme & Cyber programmes that will move us from a limited set of capabilities to a modern, cloud based, application portfolio that will enhance our operations in all areas. The remit will cover a range of business areas including customer and stakeholder engagement, network planning, work and asset management and integration to the operational systems that operate our distribution assets.
The successful applicant will report to the Lead Architect as part of a new and growing solution architecture team, with the ability to influence strategy and approach. They will work with programme delivery teams, business leads and central IT teams to produce architecture definitions that guide delivery.
- Helping to plan and define Distribution's future IT architecture, along with an overall Technology Strategy, and ensuring they get applied to the portfolio of projects.
- Apply the disciplines of solution architecture to bring a structured and controlled approach to the evolution of the Distribution IT estate.
- Responsible for developing high level solution architectures that align to the overall model, on individual projects, working in close collaboration with technical specialists.
- Use your broad architecture experience to bring innovative solutions to bear on the technology landscape, with ideas for their rapid deployment and ways to drive out operating efficiencies.
- Provide an effective assurance function that ensures we deliver the right solutions, bringing together stakeholders from a range of disciplines and our Procurement teams.
- Ensuring that solutions are fully modelling and accessible for use in future changes or ongoing operations.
- You will promote the disciplined and structured approach to architecture across an expanding team, including supervision of contract or junior architects to work to the required standards.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A structured and methodical approach (e.g. TOGAF) to solutioning, and able to lead discussions and influence stakeholders who are used to operating with less structured approaches.
- A background in an application development role, with experience of both agile and waterfall delivery methods, and an understanding of the priorities and challenges across the full system lifecycle.
- An up-to-date view of relevant technologies across a range of functions, including Cloud (specifically Azure), Asset Management, Data & Analytics and application integration.
- Examples of balancing long-term strategic objectives with immediate business imperatives, and adapting roadmaps in line with that.
- The ability to operate at both a strategic level, and to deliver more detailed designs, with the authority that comes from a deep and broad technical knowledge.
Essential project experience
Experience of both IT and OT Security Architecture in regulatory environments, NIS Cyber Assessment Frameworks, Utilities, Energy
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.