Data Analyst / BA
Takes responsibility for enabling the ongoing maintenance, and developed service improvements to, our core applications. With minimum support and guidance, apply your knowledge to the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, problems and in the development of technical solutions to satisfy business requirements.
* Ingesting data from a variety of corporate data sources and performing required transformations in the Power BI query editor using a mixture of the UI and writing M code.
* Utilizing effectively the navigation features in Power BI (e.g. bookmarks, drill-through) to guide readers through a compelling data-driven story.
* Provide technical support and guidance through prototyping, testing, build, and launch of Power BI products.
* Data Modelling - Developing calculations in DAX which are accurate and performant on large datasets.
* Designing effective layouts using Data Visualisations best practises.
* Undertaking detailed data analyses to support decision making
* Develop production-ready Reports, Dashboards and deploy to corporate platform - Develop user manual / training documentation
* Work in Dev-Ops environment for solution delivery Skills Work in Dev-Ops environment for solution delivery Skills
* Experience with Azure cloud platform, SQL Server
* Advanced Excel Skills beneficial
* Competent in developing engaging and effective data visualisations
* Up to date knowledge of latest Power BI features and functionality
* Strong data analysis skills
* Proficient in writing SQL, DAX, and M
* An in-depth understanding of how the Power BI Service works
* Diagnose and resolve incidents and problems. Support other team members as
* Working to defined standards, provide support, estimation, design and development input and assurance of new developments to our core applications, has the ability to take client requirements, understand them and turn them into a powerful story told through engaging visuals in Power BI
* Provide input into, and support, the release and change management processes required to implement technical changes to our core applications must have experience with Azure Cloud platform, Azure analytics, and SQL Server. Previous Databricks experience would be desirable.
* Ensure the quality of the technical application elements of internal projects throughout the development lifecycle. Understanding how the full suite of Power BI products work is essential (embedded, Reporting Services)
* Ensure the validation and verification of technical deliverables through QA and test processes.
* Provide a focal point for advice, guidance and technical input of own area through, knowledge transfer, one to one workshop, mentoring to other teams as required appropriate is confident in communicating with stakeholders of all levels including the ability to advise, train and support staff and clients where necessary
* Take ownership of tasks required for the effective management of red alert, incident, and problem management processes.
* Provide the definition of requirements for development environments in collaboration with Service Delivery teams.
* Provide input into the definition and documentation of the technical delivery policy, process, standards and documentation templates.
* Provide vendor liaison support and maintain the relationship with third parties.
* Create and maintain good working relationships with key contacts.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Functional and Technical Skills and Communication and Personal Attributes
Experience from a similar support or development role in supporting business critical systems in a medium/large organisation. Previous experience in Information Security domain would be advantageous but not a critical requirement
Functional and Technical Skills
Sufficient functional and business awareness to become an effective technical support to functional analysts and developers
Communication and Personal Attributes
* A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise own workload within demanding schedules
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Able to take ownership of problems and requests as well as the ability to work in a pressurised environment
Problem Solving, Analysis and Reasoning
* Excellent technical computing, analysis, design, and development skills to a proven professional level
* A systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem solving
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.