The Client is a player in the Telecoms sector and owner of critical subsea cable networks worldwide.
The role is an exciting opportunity to join as a Permitting Officer within a small, dynamic team of expert in subsea cable installation managing the overall permitting process for numerous countries. Responsibilities include obtaining permits and licenses, stakeholder liaison, supporting environmental assessments, and contributing to the global management of the subsea installation.
Job Description - Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the obtention process of permits in principle (PIP), licenses, and approvals for cable system projects.
- Develop relationships in marine, coastal, and terrestrial environments affected by submarine telecom and power industries.
- Prepare and review technical reports and analyses, and permit applications.
- Travel worldwide to introduce the project to local Authorities in liaison with local permitting companies.
- Contribute to the continual update of internal permitting databases.
- Conduct research on cable routing influences and DTS documentation.
- Management of the Environmental Surveys and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA´s)
- Prepare and manage GIS databases for desktop studies.
- Assess marine survey data for cable routing and burial analysis in liaison with inhouse team experts.
- Present internally and externally on work undertaken.
- Degree in earth and/or Environmental sciences (Hydrographic Surveying, Marine Geophysics, Applied Marine Geoscience, Survey and GIS, Geography, Marine scientist).
- Deep understanding of marine environmental sensitivities/ecological pressures.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to learn and develop new skills.
- Attention to detail and logical approach.
- Computer literacy.
- Able to be relocated to Barcelona (Spain) and travel temporarily to work sites when necessary.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Operating with sensitivity and respect within difficult situations.
- Self-organized and structured.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to deliver results.
Professional fluent English speaking is a must
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.