A regional renewable energy developer is seeking a hands on HSE coordinator to maintain HSE standards at sites across Japan.
Location: Nakaura,Nagasaki OR Kunimi,Fukui
As HSSE Onsite Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting the HSSE Manager in implementing HSSE systems, initiatives, and programs. Your role involves providing regular training, conducting audits, and ensuring compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assist in deploying and maintaining approved HSE systems and programs.
- Contribute to the development of materials for Health, Safety, and Environment inductions and training.
- Monitor and conduct proper Health and Safety training and education programs for all Employees.
- Assist in regular inspections of sites, equipment, and practices.
- Promote compliance with company HSSE policies through audits and inspections.
- Support the HSSE Manager in conducting initial Environmental, Health, and Safety examinations for power plant projects.
- Ensure the implementation of risk management measures related to construction and operational activities.
- Ensure full compliance with relevant Government Regulations related to Health, Safety, and Environment.
- Ensure compliance of all HSSE activities with internal policies, procedures, and relevant legislation.
- Follow up on HSSE-related matters with CM and PM teams and provide advice for accident prevention.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health or Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Local HSE qualifications,（安全管理者、第一または第二安全衛生管理者）
- Strong understanding of the HSSE management system and documentation.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English and Japanese.（TOEIC 600/JLPTN2 and above)
- Excellent data keeping/recording abilities.
- Ability to maintain good links with trainer providers and HSE equipment vendors.
- Master's degree in Occupational Health or Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in Power Plant operation and development.
- OHSAS 18001 certification.
- Possession of GWO certificate or similar Bosiet.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.