A foreign offshore wind developer is looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join their offshore wind team in Tokyo. You will take the lead in coordinating all engineering activities and deliverables throughout the development and construction phases of offshore wind farms in Japan.
This is a rare opportunity as the position comes with full visa support, relocation assistance and is open to overseas applicants.
- Lead engineering activities throughout offshore wind project lifecycle.
- Act as a liaison between Japanese and European technical teams.
- Manage technical discussions and contribute to negotiations with suppliers.
- Engage with local stakeholders and ensure alignment with global best practices.
- Define technical requirements, oversee initial engineering work packages, and ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Explore innovative solutions (battery storage, green hydrogen) and contribute to R&D activities.
- Fluent English
- Degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in engineering management, preferably in renewables.
- Experience in supporting the development, design & construction phases of offshore wind projects including grid connection and transmission.
- Proven ability to take initiative in startup project environments.
- Strong leadership, planning, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and networking abilities.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.