OT Solution Architect
This role is for an experienced Solution Architect to work on the Cyber Resilience Programme that is securing the operational technology estate that supports our client's Transmission business. This programme is providing a consistent set of security solutions, filling capability gaps and building resilience into our existing systems. The remit will cover a range of technology areas, with the main focus being on security, infrastructure and networking. The role will report to the Lead Architect as part of a growing architecture team.
Skills / Experience Required
- The role is a solution architect with a focus on cyber security, operational technology applications, server infrastructure, virtualisation, data networks and security operations.
- A background in an infrastructure delivery or operations role, with experience of both agile and waterfall delivery methods, and an understanding of the priorities and challenges across the full system lifecycle.
- A structured and methodical approach (e.g. TOGAF) to solutioning, and able to lead discussions and influence stakeholders who are used to operating with less structured approaches.
- Experience of working in procurement processes to specify solutions through tenders and evaluate supplier proposals.
- Specific technology/subject experience should ideally cover one or more of IDAM, remote access solutions, SIEM, software defined networks, data integration, NIS standards and hyper convergence.
- Examples of balancing long-term strategic objectives with immediate business imperatives, and adapting roadmaps in line with that.
- The ability to operate at both a strategic level, and to deliver more detailed designs, with the authority that comes from a deep and broad technical knowledge.
- Apply the disciplines of solution architecture to bring a structured and controlled approach to programme and project delivery.
- Responsible for developing high level solution architectures that align to the overall Technology Strategy, on individual projects and at value stream level, working in close collaboration with technical specialists.
- Use your broad architecture experience to bring innovative solutions to bear on the technology landscape, with ideas for their rapid deployment and ways to drive out operating efficiencies.
- Contribute to an effective assurance function that ensures we deliver the right solutions, bringing together stakeholders from a range of disciplines and our Procurement teams.
- Ensuring that solutions are fully modelled and accessible for use in future changes or ongoing operations.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.