Senior Electrical Designer
Responsible for providing all aspects of Electrical design and draughting services to one or more projects. Committed to execute projects on schedule and budget (hours/capital) to ensure project profitability is maintained. He/she will also be able to work flexibly with the other regional offices whilst coordinating with the wider GEMTE team to facilitate efficient and effective project execution. Role will involve supervision of less experienced designers.
This position is accountable for the following end results:
- Execute Electrical design and drafting activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Check / Prepare Electrical drawings and design deliverables such as layouts (earthing, lighting, cable routing), single line drawings, control schematics, wiring and interconnection diagrams etal., to the required technical quality with minimal guidance from engineering.
- Supervise and guide less experienced designers in creation and delivery of detailed design deliverables.
- Create discipline deliverables and packages required for transfer of a project's technical information from design to construction and operation.
- Contribute to review and assessment of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Carry out site visits when necessary.
- Develop labor estimates, schedules, attend meetings, and supervise other design resources as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal, team work and communication skills
- +10 years design experience in the energy or other process plants
- +5 years 3d modelling experience (SP3D or PDMS preferred)
- 2D Cad experience (Microstation J or AutoCAD)
- Lighting calculations. (Chalmlite or DIALux Preferred)
- Exposure to Electrical or instrument design databases.
- Has or is working towards and electrical qualification (HNC/ HND)
- Experience with Smart Electrical or other database software is a plus (appreciation for database and material identification)
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.