Technical Business Analyst
Remote working with ad hoc travel
Our client is running a multi-year programme to migrate all of its on-premise application presentation solutions to the cloud. A vacancy has arisen for a technical analyst with experienced application migration and team management skills. This role would suit someone who can lead the team but also keen to get involved in the detail as well. This is a project-based task that will have continuous and varied interactions with multiple stakeholders across multiple business units. This is a business-critical delivery and requires a senior individual with a level of gravitas.
We are currently looking for an Application Integrator / Discovery Analyst for an initial 6-month contract.
The Application Integrator is responsible for all aspects of Application Discovery and migration, working with internal Business Units and application owners to build a comprehensive list of application data for packaging / migration and liaising with our 3rd party packaging vendor.
The successful candidate will have strong client facing skills, ability to assist with documentation, deployment, testing and service transition. The candidate will also have experience of leading a small team.
Working with the Modern Application Presentation project team to create discovery and supporting documentation for application packaging and troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
- Team Management / Technical Leadership
- Application Discovery
- Working with our external vendor to test and provide feedback on application packages.
- Service Transition activities
- Evaluate technologies, including assessing how they may be developed or deployed to enhance end user service.
- demonstrable knowledge in the following technical areas:
- Packaging Technologies such as MSI, MSIX, and App-V
- Ivanti / AppSense Application and Environment Manager toolsets & policy
- Group Policy
- Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager
- Windows Registry
- Application Packaging Software experience (Flexera Admin Studio, WinINSTALL or similar)
- Windows Client & Server Operating Systems (Windows 10+ and Server 2016+)
- Experience in a team lead role.
- Strong documentation and a disciplined, process-oriented approach to tasks.
- Independent problem solving and self-directing ability.
- Ability to work to pre-defined standards.
- Must be able to understand and apply policy to technical controls.
- Strong verbal and written skills, an effective collaborator and able to build and maintain solid relationships.
- Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops
- Microsoft FSLogix
- Intune & Intune Policy
- Azure Application Gateway
- Azure Virtual Desktop
- Understanding of the energy/utility sector
Candidates will require a minimum of five years of relevant (or equivalent) hands-on Application Packaging or Application discovery experience with broad exposure to application delivery.
The ability to manage detail, communicate well, negotiate effectively and be highly organised are essential skills for this role.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.