Occupational H&S Policy
ERSG specialise in recruitment consultancy providing contract and permanent staff to clients in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. Read more...
ERSG specialise in recruitment consultancy providing contract and permanent staff to clients in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. Particular areas of expertise include Onshore and Offshore Wind, Solar, Hydro, Tidal, Wave Energy, Sustainability, Smart Metering and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). ERSG Ltd accepts its statutory responsibilities and duty of care towards ensuring health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors and visitors engaged by ourselves and of all others who may be affected by our business activities. We are fully committed to providing safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health. Our occupational health and safety management system is designed to identify the specific nature of relevant applicable risks and opportunities and to ensure these are controlled as necessary to manage continual improvement.
The company is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, in particular ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable:
• That the system in place is appropriate to the nature and scale of the company’s occupational health and safety risks.
• The prevention of injury and ill health.
• Continual improvement in occupational health and safety management and performance. Commitment shall be demonstrated by adherence to defined processes, pursuance of continual improvement via Objectives and other defined initiatives as and where appropriate.
• Compliance with applicable legal requirements, any requirements specific to clients and any other identified requirements relating to occupational health and safety hazards within the scope of our operations.
• That Objectives are defined and used alongside other business metrics to measure and report health and safety performance and to encourage continual improvement in health and safety. Objectives shall be set and achievement against the said Objectives monitored as a minimum at Management Review and Health and Safety Review Meetings.
• That a Company health and safety management system is documented, implemented and maintained, defining internal processes for health and safety Management.
• That all employees and contractors receive adequate information, training and supervision in how to carry out their work with regard for their own health and safety and that of all others, and feedback and consultation is encouraged.
• The occupational health and safety management system and Policy are regularly reviewed to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the company. As a minimum this shall be during Management Review Meetings.
• That risks arising from its work activities are assessed, and ensure that effective control measures are both provided and implemented and that hazards are identified, eliminated and OH&S risks are reduced.
• That this Policy is available as documented information, communicated within the company, available to interested parties (as appropriate), and is appropriate to requirements.
• That where deemed appropriate, records are obtained to confirm, as far as is reasonably practicable, that placements are medically fit to undertake the work for which they are being put forward.
• That employees are fit to undertake the role for which they are applying within ERSG. This will form part of the onboarding process.
• That premises, other workplaces and equipment are kept in a clean, serviced and safe condition.
The company is further committed to ensuring that all staff are made aware of:
This Policy and the Objectives.
Their contribution to the effectiveness of the occupational health and safety management system, including the benefits of improved related performance.
The implications and potential consequences of not conforming to the requirements of the system.
Incidents and the outcomes of investigations that are relevant to them.
Hazards, risks and required actions that are relevant to them.
The ability to remove themselves from work situations that they believe present an imminent and serious danger to their life or health, as well as the arrangements for protecting them from undue consequences for doing so.
The company is also committed to implementing and maintaining the processes needed for the internal and external communications relevant to the occupational health and safety management system, including decision regarding; what is to be communicated, when to communicate, how to communicate and with whom to communicate.
The Company’s Directors shall be accountable for delivery of this Health & Safety Policy and maintaining the Company Health & Safety Management System. The company will provide necessary support and resources to enable both employees and contractors to achieve these Policy objectives and where necessary seek external competent person advice and guidance.
The Company will carry out a regular review of this Policy and Health & Safety Management System to ensure that the highest standards of health and safety are maintained. This Policy and Health & Safety Management System will also be reviewed if there is a significant change in the business or operational processes. Changes will be made known to all employees and appropriate contractors.
Jim Ryan (CEO) 27th August 2018