In accordance with the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 ERSG commit to:
- not placing Seafarers under the age of 16;
- not requesting Seafarers to pay fees or other charges for their potential recruitment or placement;
- not holding a list of Seafarers that would prohibit them from finding employment.
In accordance with national law implementing Regulation 2.5.2, Standard A2.5.2 in respect of Seafarer repatriation costs and liabilities as required under the Maritime Labour Convention 2006, ERSG are committed to protect the crew in the event of abandonment through insolvency including repatriation and unpaid wages.
ERSG has arranged a Crewsure Marine Policy insurance to provide its Seafarers with insurance coverage which not only meets the MLC obligations, but also includes extra coverage such as:
- Medical Expenses
- Sick Pay – 100% basic wage 26 weeks
- Accidental Death
- Personal Accident
- Abandonment (benefits following abandonment: repatriation, unpaid wages (limited to 4 months), subsistence allowance, accidental death, permanent disability and medical expenses).
Full details of the scope of cover are set out in the schedule of benefits which is provided alongside contractual documents for each Seafarer’s assignment.