|Salary||£0.00 - £500 per day|
Business Relationship Manager
Main Purpose of Job
- To establish and nurture the relationship between the Business Directorates management team and IT
- To be the primary point of contact between a business directorate and IT for the development of their IT strategy and the portfolio of all development work.
- To understand the business goals and priorities to ensure these are reflected in the IT strategy and proactively support and manage change to ensure that the strategy is kept in line with evolving business needs and priorities.
- To ensure the IT budget is spent effectively to meet business needs but also aligns with the IT strategy and delivers maximum return on investment.
- Manage the development of realistic Benefits case, ensure that these are tracked and delivered against on project closure
- To ensure Governance forums are established to ensure that the portfolio of agreed projects is delivered successfully and declared benefits are achieved
- Works with the Senior IT Business Partner to develops a coherent 3 year IT Strategy for the Directorate and ensures that these programmes are prioritised with the business unit, have the requisite funding and a clear agreed cost benefit analysis.
- Works with business and IT colleagues to manage the clarification of requirements, to plan implementation and to answer queries regarding scope through the development process across the programme.
- Manages within the Directorate portfolio. Ensures production of all deliverables required to complete Stage gate 2 to quality and time plan ensuring a successful handover to appointed Project manager for delivery phases. Initiates projects in order to achieve cost and timescale targets
- Works with the business to understand and prioritise conflicting needs across multiple projects within the Directorate portfolio.
- Undertakes personal responsibility for IT data security by ensuring that rules and practices are identified
- Manages the Identification and determines high-level end-to-end business processes to identify high-level requirements and project scope
- Presents business and technical concepts to process owners and business users
- Identifies and assesses business and IT risk
- Manages communications to Directorate Management team on progress of their agreed IT portfolio. Prepares succinct reports and communications that are tailored to different situations and audiences
- Thoroughly understands at least one business area in operational and strategic terms
- Draws out and challenges the actual business need to be met and the benefits that will accrue should the need be met
- Works with the PMO to track spend against approved projects for business area re-prioritising work where necessary
- Manage relationship between 3rd party suppliers, the business and internal IT teams for new developments
- Work with procurement to identify vendors and service providers to support procurement process including input and review of contractual agreements
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Functional and Technical Skills and Communication and Personal Attributes
- Have experience of successfully leading IT portfolios in a large organisation.
- Experience of all stages of the IT development lifecycle
- Demonstrates a comprehensive breadth and depth of knowledge and experience of working in a complex project environment
- Sound understanding of the IT Project development process and able to facilitate and gain agreement to improvements where required
- Able to visualise and articulate proposed solutions to business problems provided by design team to business areas
Functional and Technical Skills
- Excellent Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Good facilitation skills; enables people to reach agreement and develop work practices - challenges the business and strives to agree best practice
- Ability to work with all levels within the organisation, including senior management and executive
Communication and Personal Attributes
- Effective in working through others
- Excellent time management skills; able to effectively plans own and others' time
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to travel to as dictated by the requirements of the role
- A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise own workload within demanding schedules
- Able to take ownership of problems and requests as well as the ability to work in a pressurised environment
Problem Solving, Analysis and Reasoning
- Excellent analysis and knowledge transfer skills to a proven professional level
- Forms judgements based on logical conclusions that have been drawn from available facts
- A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.
Senior Specialist Analyst Programmer (Azure) - TBCReading | £0.00 - £613 per day
Senior Specialist Analyst Programmer (Azure) RemoteMain Purpose of JobTo analyse system requireme...Read More
Project Manager - G1480格拉斯哥 | £0.00 - £600 per day
Project Manager (Scotland based)Description: RoleOur clients Business Planning and Strategy func...Read More
Data Analyst - G1419Reading | £0.00 - £480 per day
Data AnalystDescription Role Description Requirement* Extensive knowledge of End-User devices (La...Read More