Associate Director - HV Design - UK £65K - £80K + £5K Car allowance + Company Benefits
Design focused Associate Director required to join my clients UK Transmission & Distribution department
To support the HV design for large-scale infrastructure, grid connections, and private networks at voltage levels normally between 132kV to 400kV.
Typical projects include feasibility, optioneering, FEED, detailed design and design assurance on existing or brand-new substations and other infrastructures.
The work typically comes from:
- Large projects and frameworks with transmission network operators mostly in UK and Ireland but also in Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.
- Client and owners engineer role on construction of HV infrastructure.
- Connections of renewable generation and hyperscale data centres.
- Coordinates and provides technical expertise for mid- large-size projects.
- Leads technical client relationships and plays a major role in selling.
- Leads discipline department efforts to grow technical expertise.
- Leads technical business development work.
- Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise.
- Approves and signs off on work.
- Leader in one or more areas of technology.
- Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule a to meet requirements on large, complex projects.
- Previous experience with consultancy, contractor or utility in the energy sector.
- Extensive experience as FEED designer, detailed design or owner's engineer role.
- Previous client facing experience ideally in the transmission utility and developer community in UK.
- Understanding of electrical plant items and control systems such as transformers, circuit breakers, HVDC systems, interconnectors, HV Protection & Control.
- Ability to work flexibly across multiple projects.
- Full driver license.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.