Azure Dev Ops Engineer
What is the Role?
Provide leadership and accountability for ensuring the ongoing maintenance, and developed service improvements to, our core applications. Use your knowledge to take the lead and guide others into the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, problems and in the development of technical solutions to satisfy business requirements.
To join a team of developers working in Agile in a project that is building a new Digital and Event platform.
- As an Azure DevOps Lead Engineer, you will be designing, building, testing, automating, monitoring and?supporting?significant?components within?a?modern?digital service platform in production environments.
- Implementing modern?Continuous Delivery?processes?for releasing software to production.?
- Applying?industry?best practices?and patterns?across infrastructure and application components e.g. security, elasticity, performance.
- Applying your experience/knowledge of?cloud computing in building?applications using Azure
- Provide accountability for the monitoring and reporting of the supported systems performance.
- Define and provide configuration changes to our core applications as deemed necessary.
- Lead and govern the release and change management processes required to implement technical changes to our core applications.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables by governing the validation and verification of technical output through QA and test processes.
- Provide the focal point for advice, guidance and technical input of own area through, knowledge transfer, one to one workshop, mentoring to other teams as required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Multiple Agile environment full SDLC under your belt from a DevOps Engineering perspective using with a preference for building applications with Azure experience (though open to other DevOps tools such as Github or Teamcity etc) and in troubleshooting cloud integrations (.NET Framework, C#, Azure Function Apps, Azure Service Bus, Azure Logic Apps)
- Extensive experience in Build & Release Management, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD), ideally using Azure DevOps (pipelines, repos, releases) to release software to production
- Experience in deployments using containers ( Docker / Kubernetes ) and in Infrastructure as Code deployments using Terraform and ARM templates
- Applying?industry?best practices, automation?and patterns?across infrastructure and application components e.g. security, elasticity, performance.
- Experience in configuring and using Monitoring tools to support the releases (any tools but preference for Azure monitor, App Insights, Log Analytics).
- Experience in integration of SonarQube or other code scanning tools in the CI/CD pipelines welcomed
Experience from a similar support or development role in supporting business critical systems in a medium/large organisation
Communication and Personal Attributes
- A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise own workload within demanding schedules
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Able to take ownership of problems and requests as well as the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Excellent analysis capability and extensive design experience
- Excellent technical computing, analysis, design and development skills
- A systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem solving
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.