Hours: Full-Time onsite, Monday to Friday, 36 Hours per week. Flexible working patterns will be allowed with prior agreement.
Day Rate: £450.00 (Outside IR35)
Duration: 9 months
Summary of the work:
Back-end developer required with extensive experience in delivering C# MVC applications, NHibernate, TDD and Razor views. This is an exciting opportunity to help deliver phase 2 of a redesign project for the Managed Learning Environment, providing mobile capability to all users.
Who the specialist will work with:
The Back-end Developer will be working within an Agile environment and be predominately working alongside front-end developers to deliver against agreed UX designs. An existing internal development team, along with DBA for any database work, will also be part of the project team. You'll report to the Software Development Manager and work closely with the Product Owner and Scrum Master who will define sprints.
What the specialist will work on:
The project is to deliver phase 2 of College Learn, a redesign project of the Managed Learning Environment. Working within the constraints of an existing ASP.NET MVC n-tier architecture and NHibernate data layer, the specialist will be required to deliver all back-end functionality including the writing of automated tests for all controller and service layer functions. Basic Razor views will be required to support functionality, which will then be passed to dedicated front-end developers to style in accordance with UX designs.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience of ASP.NET MVC using C#.NET
- Extensive experience with TDD and writing unit tests using MSTest and Moq
- Extensive experience working within an n-tier architecture
- Extensive experience using NHibernate data layers and Fluent NHibernate queries
- Experience creating HTML views using Razor syntax
- Experience using and developing for Microsoft SQL Server
- Current working experience of source/version control using Team Foundation Server
- Experience using Visual Studio 2017 IDE and debugging tools
Nice to have Skills & Experience:
- Experience developing online learning platforms