Job Title: Bid Manager
Location: Bromley HQ
Hours: 08:45 - 17:00, Monday to Friday
Benefits: Competitive salary + annual performance-based bonus + 23 days holiday + pension + Incentives
ersg are looking for a Bid Manager to work within the Bids and Solutions team. The Renewable Energy industry is growing at pace and it is an exciting time to join our rapidly expanding business
Working as a key member of the Global bid team, you will support the Director in managing bids and tenders. You will be instrumental in supporting the tender process and maintaining a group Knowledge Hub.
The Bid Manager will support/manage the creation of winning tender documents. A high-profile role working across our network of international offices.
Bid Manager duties:
- Project management of Bid Proposals for our portfolio of services, including global frameworks, MSPs, RPOs, SOW and consultancy.
- Lead and manage the planning and project management of the production and delivery of bid projects to ensure these are delivered within submission timescales.
- Ensuring quality of bid responses always achieve top scoring and target win rate.
- Identify any risks associated with tendering opportunities and report as necessary.
- Provide guidance for answering all questions to the highest standard, challenging content where appropriate to ensure a winning proposal is submitted.
- Ensures that the proposal is structured and written in a manner that ensures the content: is easy to read; is technically accurate comprehensively provides the correct/requested information in the correct form/structure for the intended audience; distinguishes the company from competitors and supports the company's branding.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication within the company of information relating to production and delivery of bid proposals. Also maintain and track the bid pipeline.
- Excellent English both written and spoken, additional languages are a bonus
- A relevant degree or equivalent by experience
- At least 3 years successful experience in a bid executive role.
- Managing bids
- Assertive communicator and influencer, tailoring communication style to the target audience and ability to achieve buy-in from people.
- Highly skilled in editing and writing - Able to structure, edit/review and write technical and non-technical content to answer EoI, SSQ, ITT, RFQ, RFI, etc.
- Commercial acumen to be able to interpret and advise on pricing to steer commercial decisions towards the most competitive approach
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Displays a positive can-do attitude.
- Able to perform under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ideally you will have experience from a recruitment, consultancy background, but this is not essential
- Team player
Set up in 2008 ersg was one of the first recruiters in providing a workforce solution in energy. Recognised now as a market leader in this field we cover all staffing from design and development to construction, operations & maintenance. ersg works with major international companies through to smaller independent businesses to enable their projects to be facilitated effectively throughout the entire project life cycle.
Headquartered in London we have grown from 5 staff in 2008 to over 130 to date; with offices in Hamburg, Amsterdam, Seattle, Orlando, Boston, Taipei and Tokyo, and entities in Ireland, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, France and Poland.
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff job applicants. We do not discriminate against staff or applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit.